6XE Folding Mirrors...

Happy Grumpz

Reaction score
Website
www.mahalkitaphotography.com
I need some help from you clever people.

My 2015 saloon has electric wing mirrors that fold when I lock the car etc...

I've never been able to get the near side kerb dip to work. Even @DJAlix couldn't get it to work (even though it was activated in VCDS).

My car is in getting some warranty jobs done, this being one of them. The garage rang me yesterday and told me the kerb dip wasn't fitted to my car???

I rang Audi UK this morning and they confirmed my car has 6XE.

What I need to know before I make a t*t of myself with the garage, can you have 6XE and not have the kerb dip or does everyone with 6XE have the kerb dip?

The brochure says this is included in 6XE - Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated. Also includes an automatic kerb view dipping function on the passenger side when reverse gear is selected

Yeah that's my understanding too - if you have electric folding mirrors then by default you have the kurb dipping on reverse function. Mines March 2015 and has it. I would say make sure it's set up switch to passenger side mirror position but clearly you've done that and Alex has looked at it too.

Yeah that's my understanding too - if you have electric folding mirrors then by default you have the kurb dipping on reverse function. Mines March 2015 and has it. I would say make sure it's set up switch to passenger side mirror position but clearly you've done that and Alex has looked at it too.

Thanks for the reply, @Rob2k68

I'm guessing they can't get it work either and are just trying to fob me off.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks for the reply, @Rob2k68

I'm guessing they can't get it work either and are just trying to fob me off.
Just looked over the notes from your visit and am now remembering that the fit and finish of your passenger side mirror did not look the way it should, and I think the mirror glass was sitting low in it's mounts / gaps around the edge were not even so something is off there.

I just logged on to Audi and checked my Vehicle Specific Information. I have a factory PR-Code of 6XE and Passenger Mirror Dip was working from day one and before I even owned VCDS :)

Sounds like they are trying to fob you off or have no idea what they are doing...

@DJAlix yeah that's correct, the glass wasn't centered in the housing.

Looking at your sig, your car is slightly older than mine and your 6XE has the auto dip. I can't imagine for one minute that Audi would decide to exclude that feature then decide to put it back a few months later, that just wouldn't make any sense.

@DJAlix yeah that's correct, the glass wasn't centered in the housing.

Looking at your sig, your car is slightly older than mine and your 6XE has the auto dip. I can't imagine for one minute that Audi would decide to exclude that feature then decide to put it back a few months later, that just wouldn't make any sense.
Audi have done stranger things! lol

I believe its still a feature and indeed is part of the "options" sales patter used to sell folding mirrors. I just had a look through all the 8V PR-Codes and there isn't one specifically for Passenger Mirror Dipping, so it must be rolled up in to 6XE.

My 2104 saloon has this feature with the folding mirrors as well, did not need to specify anything other than having 6XE. It is in my original brochure and the one I was sent recently for the pre-facelift...

My 2104 saloon has this feature with the folding mirrors as well, did not need to specify anything other than having 6XE. It is in my original brochure and the one I was sent recently for the pre-facelift...

Thanks for the reply @cuke2u they're currently trying to fob me off saying mine isn't fitted with that feature... I'm refusing to back down.

Reactions: glospete and Scottyg
Well, I've just had this dropped off...

9C10767E-44C4-4BBD-89F6-DDA28AF7B199_zpsribvrmww.jpg

I'm guessing they've realised I was correct all along :)

Reactions: cuke2u and Rob2k68
I need some help from you clever people.

My 2015 saloon has electric wing mirrors that fold when I lock the car etc...

I've never been able to get the near side kerb dip to work. Even @DJAlix couldn't get it to work (even though it was activated in VCDS).

My car is in getting some warranty jobs done, this being one of them. The garage rang me yesterday and told me the kerb dip wasn't fitted to my car???

I rang Audi UK this morning and they confirmed my car has 6XE.

What I need to know before I make a t*t of myself with the garage, can you have 6XE and not have the kerb dip or does everyone with 6XE have the kerb dip?

The brochure says this is included in 6XE - Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated. Also includes an automatic kerb view dipping function on the passenger side when reverse gear is selected
What other warranty jobs needed doing if you don't mind me asking?

Mine had decided to stop dipping?
I gave it set to passenger mirror on the controls but it just doesn't dip any more.
Can it be turned off with the mmi?

Depends how audi implemented the dipping system, either timed basis or using like memory seats/mirrors, with position sensors in the bases, so they may have excluded this in the mirrors now, ideally checking part numbers of the bases fitted to a car with this feature working & yours would be a good start & then of course door modules/coding.

& yes its well within audi's realms to change things up like this, its actually something they do often, that's not to say this is one of those moments, however its possible.

Reactions: DJAlix
Well it appears I now have a dipping near side wing mirror, funny that, seeing as it wasn't fitted to my car ;)

Seemingly the garage performed a 'Terminal 30 Reset'...

When collecting the car, at no point did I mention that 'I was right, and they were wrong', honest :)

Reactions: rasA4, cuke2u, DJAlix and 2 others
Wonder what on earth a terminal 30 reset is ????

Good on you for sticking to your ground

My passenger mirror stopped tilting on reverse gear. Took it to Audi and they fixed it under warranty. I don't know what they did to fix it.

Just figured out my issue! I had a brainwave. I was using a different key, so just configured the mirror (with the different key) by using the method above and hey presto all good. With both keys I have tilting mirrors now.