DIS - how to use

shakt1

Reaction score
Hi Guys
First car, trying to figure out how to use the DIS properly, what to keep it on to get the most accurate reading for MPG? There seems to be 2 variants? 1 reading has a '1' next to it whilst another '2'
What are the differences and what should I set it too and which should I reset after filling up?

Hi Guys
First car, trying to figure out how to use the DIS properly, what to keep it on to get the most accurate reading for MPG? There seems to be 2 variants? 1 reading has a '1' next to it whilst another '2'
What are the differences and what should I set it too and which should I reset after filling up?

1 = Individual journey data, will be maintained even if you stop for less than one hour.

2 = Overall data, this can be maintained indefinitely to show your overall mpg.

If you want to check fuel consumption for one tankful at a time then scroll to MPG on 2 and hold button down for a few seconds to reset.

No need to reset 1 as this will change each time you take the car out.

DIS 1 gives you info for your last journey
DIS 2 gives you info for the total miles covered since you last reset it. To reset it you need to be in DIS 2 then press and hold the button on the bottom of the righthand stalk for about 5 seconds.

Welcome to the site both of you & where it wasnt the most subtle approach I would have to agree, read the manual fella, its a very simple system that tbh really doesnt warrant a thread if you're honest

But to add you can have number 1 is based on a short journey & number 2 could be based on the overall journey over several days, this could help you with mpg readings & miles done on each journey etc, say you charge mileage, time taken to do journeys, for contractors that charge by time, travel, mileage, its handy for these jobs, as for resetting well that would be upto you really when you want to reset, number 1 resets itself after 2 hours of non use, number 2 is a manual reset so as said can be over multiple journeys, rest is self insanitory.

Thank you guys this makes much more sense then just reading the manual. I know exactly you what you are saying now.

It's probably worth noting that computer '2' doesn't run indefinitely as many people believe - it will reset once you cover over 999.9 miles, drive for longer than a certain number of hours, or use over a certain number of litres of fuel - can't remember exact figures - it is all in the manual though.

There is a certain amount of common sense needed on the DIS.

like avoid using when in busy traffic or twisty roads LOL?

Like you've never changed the clock while driving and set the speed warning at around 30mph by accident :p

lol, as they say K, Touche, lol, good comeback

I meant interms of functionality, doesnt take a neuro surgeon to work it out does it & its kinda obvious what it does.

I've RTFM a 100 times but I still can’t get all the resetable functions (in 1 or 2) to reset all at once. Is this possible rather than going to each (Ave Speed, Mpg, time etc) and resetting them one by one?

On mine, if you press the button on the underside of the right hand stalk three times it takes you through computer 1, 2, digital speedo, to another menu screen. Select "Set" from the three options and then you can reset all functions of 1 & 2 from there.