And I've only just polished it...

Khufu

Reaction score
bash.jpg

Guy with a lockup near my back garden reversed his 4x4 into my car last night (he owned up ok) The spare wheel doing the damage. Im guessing it will need a new tailgate, the bit above the A3 badge is creased. I'm sure it will be insurance job but gong to get some quotes for the guy anyhow....

they might be able to pop it out, but it depends on whether you still want it knowing it has been damaged, or get a new one, should be about 200 for tailgate, bout 150 for paint n labour maybe bit more!

Forget popping that out mate, thats new tailgate for sure to have the same lines cause pop out & finish would never be perfect & would bug the hell out of you.

Forget popping that out mate, thats new tailgate for sure to have the same lines cause pop out & finish would never be perfect & would bug the hell out of you.

I know, i will always notice it unless its perfect LOL. The rear lights & glass are all fine.

PS, sorry about Arnold Clark plates! (Scottish joke?) Never got round to changing them LOL

yea i know it will never be perfect but if your strapped for cash, its always an opinion, and it doesnt look like it would be hard to pop. as all is needed is to take the inner lining out n beat it out, but like you say, the lines wont be spot on, it would be hard to notice but if you know it is there then it will stand out like sore thumb!

Well as its insurance on the offender anyway who cares, no cost factor to K, I'd say you were lucky, added extra's ahem K, huh, you know what I mean, lol

Personally I wouldnt involve the insurance unless you have to.

Worth getting some quotes and seeing whether he will settle cash. Sounds like a reasonable chap so might be a better approach assuming its not a big fix.

The problem is that Insurance companies will ask you to declare any accidients/claims for the next 5 years whether its your fault or not.

Not ideal as some Ins companies have a crazy theory that if you are `in and accident` fault or not, then statisticaly you carry additional risk as a driver and your premium could be loaded.
This happened to a friend of mine a couple of years back

And the Ins company will probably give you the usual **** service.

Good luck mate.
Paul

If you go down the insurance route (his insurance route) will they make you go to one of their "approved" repairers??
I always find that is a minefield.

Too many times have i been stitched up with poor repairs.

Aparently the "approved" repairers are told to do the bare minimum to fix your car.

Someone once reversed into my pug's bonnet, bending it and damaging the hinges. When I collected the car the bonnet was new and shiny but it sat about half an inch too high.
When I told the guy that I can hardly see out of the windscreen cos the bonnet is blocking my view (slight exaggeration :rolleyes:) he said that they are not allowed to change the bonnet hinges (even though he agreed they were damaged during the collison) as it costs the insurance company too much if they change things like that on all repairs!!!!!

After showing him my animated displeasure at his comments he changed them :rock:

I won't even tell you about the time someone smashed into the rear wheel and wheel arch of my Tigra, bending the rear axel in the process, and the "approved" repairer not being given authorisation by the insurance company to fix the wonky wheel!!

I ALWAYS stipulate manufacturer repairs on anything to do with insurance, including the windscreen.
When my windscreen was cracked I had to wait 2 weeks for an Audi one to come in, Autoglass told me they were exactly the same as the ones they already had, so I asked has it got the Audi badge on it? He said no, so I told him they weren't exactly the same then were they, and waited for the OE one.

When you insure your car, you insure an Audi with Audi parts on it, simple.
Pattern parts are just not acceptable.

Well as its insurance on the offender anyway who cares, no cost factor to K, I'd say you were lucky, added extra's ahem K, huh, you know what I mean, lol

I wouldn't have a clue what your talking about :whistle2:

End of the day I have 10 year body warrenty to keep to intact so will have to be Audi approved at least (dunno if thats a good thing though!!!)

sorry to hear about your motor mate. At least he owned up though, not like the tw*t who wrote my S2 off, then drove off. Anyway, hope it all gets sorted soon.

Somone reversed into mine 2 weeks ago, put a 10 inch dent in the rear quarter! She admitted liabilty there and then, we swapped details. an hour later her insurance company (Royal Sun Alliance) rang me up and asked about sending me a hire car and when it could be booked in for repair. It was booked in 2 days later at a local bodyshop (I know the painter) He added some extras and painted the whole rear end of my car for £980! (For a 10 inch dent!)

I was well impressed with everything and couldnt have hoped for a smoother accident! Never had such a good service from and isnurance company. My insurance were never even told!;)

Frenchy2475, do you know what the difference in all the different tailgate last letters are (apart from the with/without spoiler - im assuming one has holes LOL)? There seems to be a few revisions.

I would try your dent man..... get a good one and you will be amazed what they can get out 100%