a4 diesel cabroilet exhaust pipes

• Thread starter imported_TheJestersShoes
  • Start date
I

imported_TheJestersShoes

Why don't the tailpipes on the diesel cab stick straight out of the back like on the petrol versions?
:(

Because petrol drivers need all they help they can get to look stylish. Diesel drivers don't need to shout about the power they have.

Another problem is that the way the air swirls under the car and back up over teh rear bumper, on diesel fumes if they don't point down the fumes roll back over the roof of the car, if you have the windows open then you can smell the diesel at certain speeds, and on a cab it would be worse.

I only found this out whilst watching somthing on tv, they had it in a wind tunnel to show you how it happens. Don't know if it applies to all vehicles or just some.

cos diesel stinks, and blows out black smoke so the pipes point down. Also helps to mute the clatter made by the tractor engine. All torque no action

Autosol Metal Polish available from Halfords, etc, etc
100806_200_1.jpg

It's only a couple of quid for a tube which will last you years and years.
I've never let mine get really bad but with normal use then yep they look like new.

only got the car a few days ago,audi valeted it but to be honest i think the pipes could do with a little more care,not really bad but would like to look perfect!
shall invest in a tube and see what results i get!

thanx

You could buy a Miltek exhaust if you have the V6 quattro, and then you would need to change the rear trim on the back to accomodate them.

Or you could cut it just before the pipe curves down and stick on an exhaust trim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif