VAG-COM in scotland

martyboy

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
hi, any nice person in scotland with vag-com? really need to get a spare key done. im in east kilbride, but willing to travel and reimburse anyone for their time and help if need be.

when u mean spare key done, to what extent cause unless you have the skc or tools to retrieve then you wont be able to do the immo with vcds, but you can do the remote side of it fairly easily.

when u mean spare key done, to what extent cause unless you have the skc or tools to retrieve then you wont be able to do the immo with vcds, but you can do the remote side of it fairly easily.

excuse my ignorance, but i dont understand what you mean! :confused:

is it not possible to buy a blank key and then program it with vag-com, or am i completely way off track???

excuse my ignorance, but i dont understand what you mean! :confused:

is it not possible to buy a blank key and then program it with vag-com, or am i completely way off track???

I'm afraid so, kinda. You can reprogram a key using Vagcom but you need the SKC - Secret Key Code in order to match the key to the immobilizer. Sadly only Audi have access to this code and its done remotely from Germany unseen by human eye. There is a lead/software called vag commander that can read the code from the instrument cluster on some A3s but im not sure up to what year.

The remote control side of things can be done without need for Vagcom etc.

i was £56 to get an ecu coded the other day so you shouldnt be more than that if you get it done there i would think.

:confused:

yet again, im not sure what you mean! could you explain please?

not 100% sure what you do but..

first you need to take your new blank key blade to a key cutting place to make a duplicate of your original, then you take the blade attached to the rest of the key to Audi & they will code the immobilizer chip in the key to work with your car. You also need to sync the remote part of the key to open and close your doors. IIRC you need to open the door with the original key, put it in the ignition & turn to the 1st or 2nd position. You then use your new key to lock and unlock the door thus sync'ing it with the car. That said, i'm not 100% that protocol LOL

so all in all, im going to need to visit audi!!!
am i right in thinking there are some tweaks that you can do with vag-com to your car? alarm beep on/off and other small things?

so as in my original post, is there anybody nearish to me with vag-com as i would still like to get my car vag-com'd!!!

Yeah there are tweaks that can be done with vcds, but unless you have the skc which is the immo code for the car, the vcds owner wont be able to code the key for immo anyway so its audi for the immo part & they will also do the remote sync aswell as its part of audi key coding job anyway, but vcds can do te remote part easily enough anyway, as I say many a time to people, the immo part of the key is absolutely nothing to do with the locking system, they are 2 seperate entities, they just use the same housing, if I was you I'd get yourself a genuine vcds kit & start learning the systems as you appear to be willing, yes its an expense but the thousands its saved me & many others is proof itself of the worthyness of the product.

I have vcds and im in Dunfermline if that helps.

thanks for that mate, i was up your neck of the woods 2 weeks ago as well, could have swung by, dont know how happy the missus would have been though, we were on a romantic break at the time!!!
are you well clued up in using the vag-com?

I have vcds and im in Dunfermline if that helps.

met up today and the car through up a few fault codes, which i will post in the relevant sections, also turned off the seatbelt off chime!!!
this guy couldnt have been more helpfull, went out of his way to help me and it was very much appreciated! nice guy who knows what he is talking about, so a big thanks! :thumbsup: