bypassing stock amp

GlennMr2

Reaction score
hi

i have a 2003 a4 b6 , ive fitted a new alpine headunit, and have run new speaker cable to the boot , ive also managed to locate the standard amp,

now the amp has 1 block of wires coming out of it, all i need to know is what wires i need from the bundle of cable from the amp, to connect to my new wire i have run down to the boot.

any ideas guys, just need to know what wires run the rear speakers

Here you go:
B6rear-subpinout.jpg

andymac to the recue, cheers mate thats just what i needed,

so i take it, all i need is

brown/red
brown/green
red/yellow
brown/yellow

snip them wires and conect them up to my new cable ive run down, and then just leave the plug unconected from the amp ???:rockwoot::salute:

Yes they're the ones. You can leave the plug unconnected, but this will disconnect the sub (if you have one). If you still want to run the amp for just the sub then tape up the cut wires coming from the connector, so they don't short on each other or the chassis. Also switch the RCA input at the head unit from the rear RCA's to the sub pre-outs, then jack the level up on the sub control (if you have one) as the sub will be very quiet compared to the cabin speakers running off the HU.

i have a infinity basslink t in the back so i wont need the stock sub

thanks for your help andy, i will post some pics of my setup

:confused: Hi, what trim needs to be removed to get to the standard amp ? Had a look today but dont want to damage anything !

You should be able to get to the amp and connector just through the cubbyhole, otherwise you need to remove the boot lip trim, cargo anchors and finally the rear boot trim.

Thank you Andy, have now found the amp and will be doing this - '' If you still want to run the amp for just the sub then tape up the cut wires coming from the connector, so they don't short on each other or the chassis. Also switch the RCA input at the head unit from the rear RCA's to the sub pre-outs, then jack the level up on the sub control (if you have one) as the sub will be very quiet compared to the cabin speakers running off the HU. ''