S3 Servicing?!?!?

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
Had my S3 for almost two months now, it was serviced just before I bought it, by the garage (independant, not dealers), and when I went to look at the car (and put my deposit down) they had forgotten to get the book stamped, assuring me that it would be done by the time i collected the car. And it was, collected the car, happy motoring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, etc. etc...
But I looked a bit more thouroughly, and realised that all the previous services were stamped with a "when indicated" on the next service due section, apart from the last one (the one that they forgot to do originally) instead saying a year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
Does the variable servicing run out after being 3 years old? (2001 Y reg S3)
Or is it because it was forgotten originally and then when they took it back to be stamped, they just stamped it, without checking etc?

I have a sticker from Audi on the windscreen telling me to wait until it says to get it serviced!

I am a bit confused! Any ideas where to go from here would help.

I just got mine and noticed it doesn't show this. is it on "fixed servicing"? Is there such a thing if so are there any downsides to fixed and can i switch to variable?? cheers

My facelift A3 was on fixed servicing and still showed miles until next service when pressing the left cluster button.

Engine can be running when you do it, just not moving, otherwise that sets the MPH1 warning.

Kev.