New Member - Question.....

A2A6

Reaction score
Hi all,

Discovered this amazing resource last night..... what an excellent site!

Have just bought my dear wife a 1 yr old A3 2.0 TDi SE S-Tronic Sportback (not quite as hot as some of the cars on here but she LOVES it!)

It has a few toys on it already but I plan to enhance it a little. Is it possible with VAGCOM (VCDS?) to code the car so that the side lights are always on like DRL's? The car has auto sensing lights but I like the idea of a "forced" DRL. Having trawled around the forums it seems that there are some LED replacement bulbs which can be used in the side lights to increase their brightness and change them from "yellow" to "white".

I've also read the extensive thread on retrofitting the facelifted rear LED lights on the current 2009 model to our 2008 model. I've seen the adaptor loom from the German company (name escapes me at the mo..) and I know it needs a recode after install. Question. Is it possible to fit these and then drive the car legally on the road prior to the recode - what functionality does the recode sort? I'd like to fit them myself and then get the recode done elsewhere (I can't justify buying VAGCOM..... although I've got and A6, dad an A4, sister a Golf V, sis-in-law A3... hmmm!)

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Regards

Paul :cold: cold today!!!

Hi mate

Welcome

With regards to the sportbacks, i recently recoded 10Blazins and you could use the ligths prior to recodng them.

If you post where you are from, someone should do it for you so you could fit and recode the same day! You need the kufatec loom - not a hard job.

yeah kaz coded mine there easy to fit to it took me about 30 min to fit b4 coding there legal the only difference is the brakelights are lit and go brighter when you brake but i didnt get a pull and i drove for neerly a week after i went to kaz place and he changed the code the leds just light up and brake light goes out they look really good .... i set my leds to the brighter setting but the lights were 204 pounds and the loom was 65 quid from kufatec if i remember mattandrew had a set with looms for sale for around 230 i cant ask him if he still has them because he dosent respond to my mails anymore after a little row i had with mikey ....strange.. but look him up i think he can help you

yeah kaz coded mine there easy to fit to it took me about 30 min to fit b4 coding there legal the only difference is the brakelights are lit and go brighter when you brake but i didnt get a pull and i drove for neerly a week after i went to kaz place and he changed the code the leds just light up and brake light goes out they look really good .... i set my leds to the brighter setting but the lights were 204 pounds and the loom was 65 quid from kufatec if i remember mattandrew had a set with looms for sale for around 230 i cant ask him if he still has them because he dosent respond to my mails anymore after a little row i had with mikey ....strange.. but look him up i think he can help you

I did have a set and they are now sold to a guy on the forum.

"doesnt respond to my mails" thats bu!!$hit, you sent me one email, that sounds like you sent me loads, you had my number so why didnt you call me. I gave you all the info regarding the lights, where to buy the adapters etc etc, I offered you my set with adapters and offered to fit and code. You had already bought your own lights, so I told you where to buy the adapters and said I would code once you had them all fitted. Then I get no response from you as to when you wanted them coded and find out you got someone else to do the coding, not that I am bothered that KAZ did the coding, infact its good to hear of others helping out, just that it would of been nice to let me know you were sorted, a text would have been nice.

On a lighter note I would reccomend VCDS its a very useful piece of kit and with all those VAG cars in the family i would get it bought.

10blazin squad strikes AGAIN. Why wasnt this muppet banned from this site after he was sending me threatning PM's totally out of the blue eh?????

I did a little re-search when he sent me threatning PM's and was he causing a stir on that audizine forum aswell as here, and I found racist remarks on his youtube page which he has since been banned from. kick this scum bag out.

you tube ive never been on you tube in my life that must be a coincidence serious and i mailed mattandrew about him fitting me an s3 bumper and id pay him and got no reply...thats why i thought he was being weird not about the lights or coding and mikey see you jumping on the bandwagon again calling me a muppet are you gona run to the moderater again ... like a child

I did a little re-search when he sent me threatning PM's and was he causing a stir on that audizine forum aswell as here, and I found racist remarks on his youtube page which he has since been banned from. kick this scum bag out.

no nhn it wasnt the lights i was asking him about fitting me an s3 bumper for cash but after that silly row i had with mikey he wouldnt answer his mail i though he must be friends with him and nathen and didnt want to know which is fine i was just letting the guy know he had a set of lights

I dont get it, MattAndrew offered you help & then you go to another forum asking for help, sounds like your memory's lapsed Blazin Squad

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3279958

no it wasnt the lights i no you offerred me help on that i sent you a message asking how much to fit me an s3 bumper like you have for nathen i think but you didnt reply i thought you was friend with nathen and didnt want to know ...which thats fine i was simply telling the guy you had a set of lights for sale but couldnt ask you because you didnt reply to my last pm so i thought you would reply to this one either

I did have a set and they are now sold to a guy on the forum.

"doesnt respond to my mails" thats bu!!$hit, you sent me one email, that sounds like you sent me loads, you had my number so why didnt you call me. I gave you all the info regarding the lights, where to buy the adapters etc etc, I offered you my set with adapters and offered to fit and code. You had already bought your own lights, so I told you where to buy the adapters and said I would code once you had them all fitted. Then I get no response from you as to when you wanted them coded and find out you got someone else to do the coding, not that I am bothered that KAZ did the coding, infact its good to hear of others helping out, just that it would of been nice to let me know you were sorted, a text would have been nice.

On a lighter note I would reccomend VCDS its a very useful piece of kit and with all those VAG cars in the family i would get it bought.

Pot ..... kettle .....

lol, and so true!

what do expect we all think of you when you sent me abusive PM's?

I cant be ***** with you anymore, infact I never was, so will just leave you to it and let you trip yourself up as you keep doing on here, and on the internet in general. :drag:

you obviously are why dont you let it lie ... were you a bully at school.... ive forgot about it and you just keep goin on .......

lol, and so true!

what do expect we all think of you when you sent me abusive PM's?

I cant be ***** with you anymore, infact I never was, so will just leave you to it and let you trip yourself up as you keep doing on here, and on the internet in general. :drag:

Without fuelling fire, I'd like to see that PM, cause it must of been pretty abusive.

Without fuelling fire, I'd like to see that PM, cause it must of been pretty abusive.

I did say back on "that" thread that if anyone wanted to see it, feel free to ask, so Nigel....YOU HAVE PM!!! :rockwoot:

& you sent that via PM to Mikey, no wonder he wouldnt let it lie...............

let bygones be bygones!! and leave one another to it simple, no need to be like girls

shouldnt have kept goin on like a was a muppet ... just cos i dissagreed with liking the bs on the bentley wheels check the bentely wheels thread i did apollogise to him and now hes just trying to get everyone against me on the sight speak to kaz ive met him im sound and dont have a problem with anyone he just pushed my buttons on that thread and if all the new threads are gona be wasted over a 3 week old arguemeant its kinda pointless ....

& you sent that via PM to Mikey, no wonder he wouldnt let it lie...............

Kettle Black again

Stop digging yourself a hole