B5 suspension on ebay...

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140298673950

I've been looking at this auction. The front end set-up on my car is getting a bit tired (I think it's all original ....236k down the line). I've recently had new rear shocks so was may be just gonna freshen up the rear springs too but I can't seem to get any sense out of the part numbers on the listing. The guy selling the gear said they came off an S4 but the rear p/n's appear to be for an avant, also the front p/n's don't appear to show on vagcat at all..
oh yeah... the 'B' is obviously an '8'.

Any thoughts?:uhm:

It might be worth it for the shocks, but i wouldnt bother with the springs.

Even if they are S4 Avant springs, S4's have a tendancy for the rear end to sag and the front end to stick up in the air, which looks a bit ****. Add to that the fact that the springs will be rated for an S4 motor instead of your derv and it will be worse

If it stays cheap, its probably worth it for the dampers, the 80k 1997 S4 dampers i fitted to the front of ours when i did the suspension arms looked in slightly worse condition, and they're nice and tight, and really show up how **** the aftermarket rear dampers are!

Buy them and throw on a set of Eibachs and you should see a nice improvement in how the car drives!

Also, A quick google shows the shocks as being for models with the AGB engine, which is an S4 motor.

(12) 8D0513029E
shock absorber / for sports-type running gear
/ PR-1BD:AGB, AZB

(41) 8D0413031BR
gas-filled shock absorber / for sports-type running gear / also use:
*>>8D-1-030000 8D0 412 066 F / PR-1BD:AGB, AZB

Nice one, aragorn.... I'll see how it goes... Major money woes just now but it might save me when it come to MOT time in may as I'm noticing leakage around my front shocks... :ermm:

my 1.8t sport ones went for £26! :(

I know JCB, I bid on them. I was out at archery training and totaly forgot to ask the missus to keep an eye on them!