What a mess- time for a BIG change!!!

Bumpers not in primer, its in that weird light grey colour that sometimes looks white!

Ah you mean like birdshit is in certain lights, now its very clear, or not, lol

Know what i mean mate!! Bizarre...!

I've contacted Pontias- but he's sold the lot...!! Shame!

At this rate i might just buy a brand new S3- take all the parts off it that i need and sell the rest of the car on eBay!! lol

Lol

Audi TP Center is your best bet if you want it done ASAP!

I've contacted my mate who's a breaker but he has no S3s....

Hmmm... Its the classic situation of when you want something, its not there but when you get it, they;l be tons of the stuff flaoting about (usually a lot cheaper than what you paid!)

BTW, not sure if your going xenon but the auto level component thingy is on ebay at not a bad price..

That will make the xenons auto fuction work (probs need to do some vagcom tweeks and wiring though!)

BTW, not sure if your going xenon but the auto level component thingy is on ebay at not a bad price..

That will make the xenons auto fuction work (probs need to do some vagcom tweeks and wiring though!)

Right, you are talking to a guy who knows sweet FA about mechanics and functionality etc. All i know is my car looks bad- and i want it to look badder!! lol

What is the difference between Xenon and Bi-Xenon and what is this auto level thingy?!??

You also mentioned that "Audi TP Center is your best bet if you want it done ASAP" pardon my denseness, but what is Audi TP Center??

xenon has only dipped xenon beam headlight & halogen main beam, bixenon has xenon dipped & main beam headlight, the latter being better

The auto levelling system actually makes the headlights keep the correct range on the road so if you have a full boot usually your headlights end up in the sky, where as auto levelling counters this with sensors so the headlight motors lower/raise them when car level is abnormal & when it returns to normal, very much worth there money

But best Headlights are the Adaptive Bixenons that I have fitted, alot more work involved but they're ****** good I tell yer, but you dont wanna do what I did if you're not technical as such, bixenon will be enough for you

TP means Trade Parts Counter TPC infact

Do you mean this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160314669189

Cause thats a fair price.

xenon has only dipped xenon beam headlight & halogen main beam, bixenon has xenon dipped & main beam headlight, the latter being better

The auto levelling system actually makes the headlights keep the correct range on the road so if you have a full boot usually your headlights end up in the sky, where as auto levelling counters this with sensors so the headlight motors lower/raise them when car level is abnormal & when it returns to normal, very much worth there money

But best Headlights are the Adaptive Bixenons that I have fitted, alot more work involved but they're ****** good I tell yer, but you dont wanna do what I did if you're not technical as such, bixenon will be enough for you

TP means Trade Parts Counter TPC infact

Do you mean this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160314669189

Cause thats a fair price.

Thanks for the jargon coversion! lol

Okay, so i have just bidded on that auto levelling thing (made him an offer). So when i get the Bi-Xenons (whenever that may be) is it just a case of swapping the existing halogens with the Bi-Xenons and then just connecting the adaptive thingy or is it a tough job??

I'll probably leave it too a garage if its complex, but what ever i can do (the simple stuff) i will attempt.

I guess sometimes being a HR consultant just don't cut it when it comes to DIY car mods!! lol Oh well...i'll get there..somehow!

We all started somewhere fella HR or not

I wouldnt want bodyshop playing with retro mods like this, lets get you all the parts then get someone I know to do the work, cause you need the headlights & associated wiring 1st tbh as no point starting until you have these bits, trust me I know, dont do the fronts until headlights, etc etc have been sourced

Sorry for the delay been very busy with one thing and another.

I go away thursday to Italy sking (I am working but perks of the job i get to ski :)) i will be back a week on saturday, I will still be checking my email as long as I can find a wifi connection.

I believe NHN is working on the parts side of things for you, Let me know if you need assistabce fitting etc

Sorry for the delay been very busy with one thing and another.

I go away thursday to Italy sking (I am working but perks of the job i get to ski :)) i will be back a week on saturday, I will still be checking my email as long as I can find a wifi connection.

I believe NHN is working on the parts side of things for you, Let me know if you need assistabce fitting etc

Thats great mate thanx, I'll probably give you a shout when i've got the parts and need a hand with the fitting if thats okay?

So Guys, just to clarify-first things first i need to sort these Bi-xenons out. What parts (in total) do i need to acquire to get the job done?? .. .

Well 1st you should source the healdights & parts 1st, but in the menatime get the car body parts painted in prep for the fixings, best to paint of the car so as to get the whole areas done/sealed properly, make sure they dont paint the ends of the skirts which have the blue covering over them, these remain black unpainted to match the arches.

You'll need headlights, adapter loom, levelling module, levelling sensors, looms for the sensors to the module in car, I suspect Matt will be back before you get all these sorted, I can maybe source some other parts will PM you when I have definite, but did you want those 2 parts I have which is what you'll need anyway.