S3 brake problem

Mike.M

Reaction score
Recently changed pads/discs, and the other day the dog bone mount and noticed (since dog bone mount.....but could be a coinsidence) that when I come to a stop after going forward, select reverse, move then apply the brakes I hear a single clunk noise from the front.

I have checked the bolts of everything and will do it again tomorrow and even re did the dog bone mount and used the original small bush with the new large powerflex bush as stated to reduce vibrations and still get the noise..............anyone got ideas??

the brake pads are moving in the pad holder when you go forward the pads sit on the bottom of the pad holder when you reverse the pad moves up hitting the top of the pad holder

Thanks for the replies.

I re-checked the brakes and tightened one caliper bolt and disc screw on the drivers side...........not by much and the noise has gone for now.

The real test will be over the next day or so of driving.........will keep you posted.

Been fr another test drive and it is still happening............sounds like what Pete is describing.

Anything I can do like put new anti rattle pins etc..........

what make of pad are they? they maybe faulty, some pad manafacturs make the pads a nats c'ck smaller and they can knock i get this a lot on late fiestas