Will S3 8P Bose Setup Fit S3 8L

s3_driver123

Reaction score
Hi, New to this forum, been recommended this forum by a friend, hope someone can help me with my question,

I have a 2000 pre-facelift S3, I currently do not have the bose setup, there is an original sub of some sort tucked away in a compartment in the boot and aftermarket stereo fitted,

A friend of mine has a complete bose setup 4 speakers, amp and sub from a 2007 8P S3, my question is will it fit?
I am planning on using concert cd player,

I really hope someone can help before he sells it!!!!

Thanks

Mate, I wouldn't bother with standard crap, even if it's from a newer car. I would spend the money on a AndyMac stealth sub (to replace what you have) and replace standard speakers.

Trust me, the difference is very noticeable

Thanks for the reply, but wanted to replace with genuine items.. Does anyone actually know if it will FIT!!!

I doubt it. The front speakers are a different size, the rears _might_ fit, and the sub, IIRC, is a different shape.

TBH, the 8L is now so old that a genuine Bose audio adds no value to the car, and in fact a quality custom install would sound better, and probably help sell the car when the time comes...

Cheers,

Just to fit the Bose setup from another 8L to your non Bose car is a big job as all the wiring looms have to be replaced including the front speaker connections, looms to the additional amp and sub etc. To fit an 8P system would be nigh on impossible and for very little improvement.