Free MOT from Audi

I never thought I see the words "Free" and "Audi" in the same sentence. My MOT is actually due next month. So I'm registering! Many thanks!

cheers Ras,

does anyone know where this offer expires?

i don't think my car needs an MOT till the end of summer.

I'd be scared to take mine in. I think they'd just take it out back and shoot it....

lmao, well I'm glad its saving me £53 as I have rebooked an mot twice with someone else, now gotta cancel again, lol, oh well moneys money simple & I will goto audi often anyway.

So thanks boys

I would go for this, however if it fails I'd hate to thing how much it'd cost in parts and labour from Herr Audi!

it wont fail gone over with fine tooth comb(but now you got me worried, you shits) lol

Perfect timing! Need to take my car for an MOT in next week or so! Are there any catchs or anything though???

I'd be interested to know if you're tied into getting the work done at Audi if it fails, or you can go elsewhere or do it yourself and still get a free retest within the 10 working days like normal. I've got my MOT next week, but don't have a dealer local, but I'd travel for a free one, as long as they don't rob me on picky fails. Also I wonder if they'd deal with modidfied cars well?

Just read retests are chargeable, guess they won't want you going elsewhere!

If a repair is required, your car is in the hands of the experts in Vorsprung durch Technik. And what’s more, our Audi Genuine parts and labour come with a two-year guarantee*. Naturally there are no hidden charges and no extra work would be carried out without your permission.

i assume as long as you take the car up to 28 days before it expires. you can drive it away as long as its nothing really serious??

Yep, I bet they fail tons of car and present you with some nice big Audi labour bills for stuff you don't need yet lol

I went round the Mazda garage in the village, paid my £53 and watched it pass again.

Yeah well I had a load of trims of due to electrics work I'm doing, passed with flying colours, also couldnt be ***** to wait for mot slot & also drive to brighton & leave with them, all done no problems, does help I knew the guy, but I watched him & they did all the mot checks 100% so no shortcuts & was right opposite my tyre place, result for another year, but chances are it wont be with me for next anyway

I think I'll take my chances and get an MOT done at anywhere other than Audi.

Mine's not due till August anyway.

I think you a) have the car "registered" with Audi and b) have to have taken it to Audi for it's annual service each year, the same policy which applies to recalls.

^^^ Exactly.

Now why would I want to take my old Audi to a main stealer for its annual service?

I cant see them refusing a safety related recall because you havent had the car serviced there... Also the terms on their website dont mention having any previous servicing etc done, and it specifically says you dont need to have any work done there.

Its probably worth taking a punt, and if they do fail it, then just fix it yourself and take it elsewhere, unless the failure is covered under VOSA's free retest policy, in which case audi would have to retest it for free. Your not losing anything bar a few hours of time, and possibly saving £53.

My MOT is booked in for next week with Wearside Audi. Basically if it fails the MOT they will quote me the cost for repairs, then should I have the repairs done at Audi they will retest for free, otherwise it will cost half the price of what they normally charge (if taken elsewhere for repairs).

There's nothing to say it has to be serviced at Audi each year or particular engine size/range.