Questions / S-line badge/cluth footrest

NorthernSoul

Reaction score
Will be ordering a Black edt A3 in the next 10 days or so and have a couple of questions I wondered if anyone could answer.

1.New S-lines do not come with a front grill badge, anyone know if you can retro fit. If so, how easy and where can you get the badge from.

2.Clutch footrest, anyone know if this can be removed if required ?

3.Finally, is it my imagination or is the grill on the new S-lines not
as good looking as the last one ? Maybe it's a grower !:shrug:

Cheers

1.New S-lines do not come with a front grill badge, anyone know if you can retro fit. If so, how easy and where can you get the badge from.

You need a quattro grille badge from the facelift. The quattro badge will then need to be removed and replaced with an S-Line one. Contrary to some posts on here, the quattro badge is available as a seperate part but is not listed on ETKA. My dealer actually removed the one from their showroom model and sold that to me when the part they ordered was incorrect.

3.Finally, is it my imagination or is the grill on the new S-lines not
as good looking as the last one ? Maybe it's a grower !:shrug:

Cheers

Agreed, I fitted an S3 grille and replaced the S3 badge with an S-line one.

3141605194_feb1457e5e_o.jpg

Cheers for that, may just ask the dealer if they can get the grill badge added when ordering. Probably tell me to ****** off but then again I will
be spending the best part of 25k !

Dunno why they changed the grill, just to keep the model fresh I guess.

Anyone know if you can remove the clutch foot rest - will just ask the dealer later in the month if not.

Thanks although not sure that will work for me.

I have a recurring knee problem that during car journeys over half hour or so I have to stretch the leg fully every now and again..no space to do so between the footrest and the clutch.

What have you ordered diesel or petrol, colour etc.. I'm 90% sure on black (always get black) with 10% on white as a change. No sure I could live with white for 4 yrs tho !

2.0 TFSI 6-speed petrol mate.

Phantom Black ..... I have a thing for black cars! Part of me would love the white one, but it's gonna look dirty more often than the black one! White with the anthracite wheels would look pretty sick though.

Chris

I have Phantom Black, Dad has Ibis White. Mine is considerably worse for showing the dirt!

Yip 2.0TFSI for me too...not quite as much power as my current Focus ST but a lot more refined and as good as the ST is, the A3 is simply a nicer place to be !

The white does look stunning (when clean) but as I say, give it a few months and I'd be hankering after black again.

Ah .... I'm going the other way. A slight step up in power from my 206 GTi 180, and definitely a more grown up car!

Not sure it'll handle like the 206 though.

Hello mate.

I have a Black Edition A3 on order too .....

I believe that people use the Audi TT footrest, and the S3 pedals when contemplating a change. Will look like this:

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8493/23122008016ty3.jpg

Chris

The link above is for a LHD car so the footrest is no good, it will not fit as is a total different shape and palace

Thanks although not sure that will work for me.

I have a recurring knee problem that during car journeys over half hour or so I have to stretch the leg fully every now and again..no space to do so between the footrest and the clutch.

The footrest mod i did, doesent make the original footrest any bigger

heres the link
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=62942

IMG_1395.jpg

Just realised ive missed your point, I cant remember exactly whats under the existing clutch rest but IIRC not a lot, so you would be able to remove the cover and maybe one of its mounts. Only one way to find out, get the hammer and chisel out

No worries, old war wound that is a pain in the ***. Gonna talk to Audi and see what they say...must be some way of getting th ****** off so
will plough on with the order regardless.

If you see a Black edt A3 with the drivers leg out the window you'll know it's me and the footrest does'nt come out :blink: