RS4 replicat front bumper

Markey

Reaction score
I have just recieved my RS4 Replica front bumper, and the hear light washer holes are two small, and the venst are pieces of plastic stuck behind a hole cut in the bumper. It is a Rieger one.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this trouble of if you got a different make of front bumper.
I think im going to have to get the people spraying it to resize the holes and fix smooth the vents.

Also if you have had one of these does the impact protector and fit in it or where do the head light washers connect to as i have never removed the bumper on my A4 before. year 2000 w it is.

Thanks

I have also noticed that the bumper has no mounting points on it to fix it to the car. There is a big tube of glue with it so i assume you have to glue it or somthing...

Right,

WEll i got the S3-Tuning bumper for the A3... but had similar problems... but none are really problems.

Firstly, the vents:
On mine, the vents were NOT part of the original fabrication. The bumper had been made, then holes vut out, and the vents put in place. The vents sat about 1mm proud of the surface of the bumper so took some serious sanding to get it flush.

Washers:
When you say too small what do you mean? On mine, the S3 washer covers sat in a recess made in the bumper. See pic:
new4.jpg

As for fitting;
Remove the stock bumper from the car and see how that is fitted. I had to drill holes in the top of the bumper, and is the arch lip. This is not usually done for you. The best thing to do is fit the bumoper to the car, as it is... get ALL the holes drilled .etc. Take it off, o all the prep work, i.e smoothing, filling .etc, then get it sprayed.
I spend literally a WHOLE day getting mine ready. tooke me the best part of 6 hours, BUT was definately worth it. I got it perfect!

Rich

What are 'impact protectors' exactly? you talking about the crash bar behind the bumper?

Rich

The pop up washer holes are two small and as the ones on my bumper at the moment are larger. There is not even a recess.
I did not want to have to bond it to the car as the guy is sudjesting, either. As i have a Front mount intercooler and need to get to it acasionally.
I think im going to send it back.
Where did you get your bumper from?

S3-tuning.de They dont do one for the A4/S4 and even if they did i qouldnt suggest getting it from them. Took FOREVER to come and theya re really unhelpful!

i think most aftermarket bumpers need a fair bit of prep work done to them... some more than others!

Got any pics of it?

Rich

I will take some pics in a bit and post, they company i got it from say that they wont take it back either..
Which is a pain, even though it does not really meet the discription on the web site.

i dont really want to bad mouth them at the moment on here so i will pm it to you.

Ah ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've seen them before...never used them tho.

Rich

imop i think u should cover the washer holes.. its more sleek.. just a thought. =)

I did think of that but i like the fact i can clean the head lights with them.

I take it you do actually have a headlight washer system currently installed in the standard bumper?

Rich