a4 lower door strips

yendall24

Reaction score
hi all i am looking for some info regarding the lower rubber door strips. i need to replace all 4 do you know the best place to buy them from how much can i expect to pay also whats involved when doing the job many thanks

get new ones unless you are very lucky at a scrappy. the metal inside the plastic corrodes and lifts them off the door, the clips that hold them on are also pretty flimsy, you will probably need a few spare as they break when you unclip the strip

i need a set for mine, the front two have inch long tears at the rear of the door.

looking on ebay they are about £100 a set! eek! maybe i will just get two then!

is there a metal strip actually in the rubber then? mine look ok bar the little rips, no sign of them falling off the doors.

whos that from? do they do the clips too? im very tempted by a set! could i have a price for just the front two aswell?

Yes, they were only fitted from the '97 model year onwards.

front are about £20 and rear about £15 each from audi.

Never heard of a '96 car having the lower, rubber strips.

Will double check the V5 but I'm sure that's correct. Mind you it also has the middle set of tail lights as opposed to the early early ones.

the car i bought for parts is a 96 A4 and she has the lower trims

I replaced all four of mine about 18 months ago.

Audi actually agreed to only charge me 60% of total price as they agreed that there was an obvious defect in design and manufacture. Worth a bash!

This, on a car that was 3 years outside of the standard warranty...

The fixing screws on the hinge end is a nightmare. I gave up trying to drill mine out and simply ground them down. The strips are very securely fixed despite not being screwed in.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
A.