New A3 a couple of questions...

matbomb

Reaction score
My GF has just put a deposit on a 55 plate 2.0L TDI sport Black 3dr with 31K, FSH 1 owner from new, she can't wait to go and pick her up next Saturday :yahoo: (me too)

Just a couple of questions...

What would be a good price if brought trade (not dealer)?

Also have been looking on flea bay at power chip upgrades but tbh I really am not sure which one to buy as the price seems to varry between £40-£300+ and they all advertise 25bhp gains.... help???

dont look on ebay for chips fact! go for a decent remap at a decent well respected garage

i wouldnt trust ebay for the power chip maps

I'd use a reputable company.

To do it yourself, By the Bluefinn from superchips or ST3 from Chipped UK.

I've bought the ST3 but its not here yet but it will go from 140bhp to 180-190ish and the tourq will go to 300ish ft lbs! These are between £300-£400.

Defos worth it - I chose the St3 as you can have two maps on the unit.

Or you can remap from a company. I'd go with custom code, revo, superchips, chipped uk and a few more but defo not ebay!!!

These 2 are smilar to yours: http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2005&vehicleRegLetter=05

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2005&vehicleRegLetter=55

So trade could eb about a grand less....

HTH

Sorry when I say trade I mean, she brought from a trader :redface: for just under £10k, So i think the price seems right. The car fit the bill as it had to BE...

-Black with Black interior.
-2L TDI Sport
-Face lift
-3 Door
-Manaul
-under 40K on the clock

So she well happy with what we found.

As for the power chip, it looks at though a remap of the ECU is the way to go, anyone know of a good place In East Sussex???

And what happens if you take you A3 to a dealer for a service and they update the EC software????

Thats not a bad price :D

Remap - The St3 and bluefin you can buy online and do it yourself!

I prefer this as its less hassle as i barely get anytime to myself!

They're both usually next day delviery too.

But I;m sure there's a revo agent near you..my cousin lives there and he's got GTI thats been revo'd!

HTH