A3 1.8T Quattro dump valve

willj22

Reaction score
Could any one help me select a dump valve please...... I have the above audi which is on a 2001 plate.

I have seen a few dump valves for sale but have been reading on the net that they are no good for audi/vw engines????

I have seen a baily valve and fitting kit but also a forge recirculating FMCL007P could some plase help!!!

Thanks

Will

just get the 007p. will not cause any trouble whatsoever.

has any one on here had any problems running the splitter r on here?

honestly cant see the benefit of fitting a dump valve costing £80-£100, the OEM ones are £20!! you could replace it 4-5 times - i may add that the newer ones are stronger and will last longer than they used to.... as far as i am aware there are no gains to be had unless you want to go non recirc and have the chav sound

there are indeed advantages..... the standard diaphram valve splits when running high boost. it's not a case of replacing standard ones really Tim, having the DV go is a bad thing no matter what! Also, when running higher boost the standard ones have a tendancy to open slightly and allow boost past....

ah, didnt realise they opened up on high boost..... i dont think the diaphram is that weak, im on my second DV now, replaced the first as a fail safe but there was nothing wrong with it.... 2 second job to replace....

The forge are excellant quality but do need servicing to maintain, my mate has just had major problems with his LCR, eventually found it to be the forge Dv which needed a complete clean up...i understand the main difference is quality, you pays your money etc.....but will it give me more power when compared to OEM? thats the main thing for me personally

mines been on my car for 44k now, running 14psi at first, then for the last 20k running 22-24psi of boost, and it's not once been serviced. still works perfectly!

I'd also happily bet that 24psi is higher than 95% of people on the forum are running.....

exactly....so why pay the extra for Forge DV if your not running silly boost? although my mates has been on roughly the same mileage, his cars standard apart from a revo remap

Billybravo - Thanks for that, but im still not sure!! What would you go for?? I want somthing slightly noisy but i dont want to **** the ecu.

I can see in peoples sigs that they have splitter r valves and just woundering if they have ever encountered any problems???

Ta Will