Standard s3 boost

basscrazy

Reaction score
whats the standard s3 amk boost im fitting a gauge into my golf next week and want to know once its set up so i know if its allmost spot on or there are some problems causing less

Cheers guys

anyone? ive fitted my gauge on tick over its-4 or -5 not driven it yet somone must have a gauge fitted on a no mapped s3

mine was 12 psi from what i remember but is an apy s3

is apy the better powered one? my golf is showing 10psi on full throttle... (its an s3 amk in a golf) on tickover minus 4 solid drive with a bit of acceleration its 5psi full throttle steady 10psi

think mine was less then -4 on tick over think it was wore like -10 but i had a faulty dump valve at the time but your peak boost seems ok, the apy and amk engines are both the 210bhp version so would expect the boost to be around the same maybe they got more power from the amk with slightly less boost, also a factor to bear in mind is that its now winter and you will boost less as the air is denser so your getting the same amount of air into the cylinder but with less boost, mine is now re-mapped and in the sumer was getting upto 24psi now im getting no more then 19psi max, my standard bosst was 12psi in the summer

so with my results woukld you say there is a leak etc wit being low

no i think your boost is around about correct and will go up as the air gets less dense (ie summer time).
think i might have got it wrong with my -psi actually think it might have been more like -5 or -6 psi then the forge dump valve brought it down to -10psi, might be worth changing dump valve with forge 007 or splitR valve to be sure no leaks

whats this golf look like then pics???

Just found this thread on google.
What is the standard boost on a AMK S3?

Thats more than expected to be honest.
Can it be raised with a boost controller as you would a jap car?

Excuse my lack of knowledge, the Audi is a lot more electrical than the cars im used to.
On my 300zx, i put an intercooler, air filter and decat, lifted the boost to 16psi, and i was over 400bhp from under 300!

Thats more than expected to be honest.
Can it be raised with a boost controller as you would a jap car?

Excuse my lack of knowledge, the Audi is a lot more electrical than the cars im used to.
On my 300zx, i put an intercooler, air filter and decat, lifted the boost to 16psi, and i was over 400bhp from under 300!
such a coincidence you asked that lol, discussion with a friend recently who owns a jap car. anyway..

no you cant.

the boost on these cars is monitored by the ecu (map sensor), and if the requested boost is exceeded then the car will throw a spaz and go into limp mode. unlike a lot of old jap cars that can have boost increased until the fuel cant keep up with it (still dangerous).

the only way to increase boost is professionally through a remap, and telling the ecu to meet higher figures.

you're a long long way off the basic tuning of an old jap car. unfortunately. i do envy my mate with a 200sx who seems to tune his car very easily and cheaply, even if they do still have their limitations.

Thanks for that mate, that pretty much what i expected, being that i haven't seen anybody talking about it.
I dont want to spend too much on making it go faster (Thats what the M3 track car is for), but cant help thinking how much of a better car it would be with an extra 100bhp!

no i think your boost is around about correct and will go up as the air gets less dense (ie summer time).
think i might have got it wrong with my -psi actually think it might have been more like -5 or -6 psi then the forge dump valve brought it down to -10psi, might be worth changing dump valve with forge 007 or splitR valve to be sure no leaks

whats this golf look like then pics???

Ok... AMK engines aren't 210bhp, they're 225... and you should NEVER run a split R on an AMK... Or an APY or a BAM for that matter.

Air gets less dense when it's warm yes.. But NOT enough to notice it on a boost gauge.

I think you need to check your gen pal, or whoever told you these things needs a word with themselves.

I'm not trying to be horrible, I just don't like seeing people being fed wrong info.