Gap Insurance / Car seat covers

grumpytraveller

Reaction score
Sorry for the double question. Gap, Can I just phone them and do the 4 year cover?
Looking for a good quality backseat cover, will taking medium size dog in back seat sometimes, so looking for protection for normal covering. Once again thanks in advance for any help

http://www.directgap.co.uk/ is a good one for price backed by hitachi finance same as almost all the other companies inc Audis gap. You can phone or do it online as long as you havent had the car longer than 3 months I believe.

Better to shop around for quotes for Gap, got mine through www.yourgapinsurance.co.uk , underwritten by Hitachi - £255 for 4 years cover up to 12.5k, compared to what Audi dealer were pushing, £399 for four years!

definately shop around and use the internet. I am going to use direct gap as well from the internet. think it was about £160 for three years cover up to 10k whn i got a quote.

the audi cover is 'unlimited GAP'. I can't see why you would need this! I got quoted £565 when i ordered my s3!! the ony benefit is that this policy pays your excess.

make sure you read the exclusions in the small print though. for example you wont get your excess back with most GAP policies and if the car is stolen using the keys (even in a burglary) they wont always payout either.

Audi gap never used to be unlimited. Looking at the Audi site Gap plus(RTI) is still only up to £15k. Its also backed by hitachi finance and has the same clauses in the policy as the others.

Audi gap never used to be unlimited. Looking at the Audi site Gap plus(RTI) is still only up to £15k. Its also backed by hitachi finance and has the same clauses in the policy as the others.

Apologies, my mistake the policy I was offered when purchasing was a Sytner's Policy underwritten by AXA Insurance. This was an unlimited policy and unlike most others allows you to claim you insurance excess up to £250, the Road Licence Fund and also any optional dealer fitted extra items over the base spec.

It a different policy to the direct GAP (and presumably the Audi Policy) in that it covers more, but still seems quite expensive at over three times the price.