Help required....

dappa786

Reaction score
Searched the forum for some clues but to no avail. I have an 2007 Audi A3 2.0 T FSI Quattro Sportback. The problem is with the car being an ex cop car I seem to have an issue with the headlights. The Main beam stays on all the time. I have looked at the wiring near the back of the headlight and it does appear to have been cut with a few wires sticking out. The dash shows a fault of right and left main beam.

Does anyone know if I can get new headlight wiring and is this a big job for someone with average skills?

Your help is appreciated.:yes:

Wiring loom very expensive! You need some one with elsa win to look at the wiring diagrams for you. Silly question but have you got DRL's? It could be just as easy as a setting in VAGcom! Good Luck

Where did you get it from? I would take it back and get them to sort it.

I have done some rewiring to the back of my lights before and it's not a major problem. You shouldn't need a new loom, a decent cable repair should suffice.

Can you get us a picture of the back of the lights? i.e where these cut wires are

Sounds to me like they have wired the dipped beam wire to the main beam on the lights and haven't wired the main beam side at all.

I guess it must have had a mod to flash the main beams with the twos and blues.

I would take it back to who ever removed the mod for the lights to be wired up properly.

It is shocking that an ex-police car should be returned to public use with illegal front lights.

The other option would be a local auto-electrician any decent one should be able to re-wire the headlamps correctly as both ends of the cable should have matching colour coding.

Paul

Thanks for your help guys. Im gonna be removing the bumper on the weekend and I have got a local electrician coming around to have a look. Will take some pics and keep you posted.