A5: 2.0 TDI (170) now available to order.

Being a "small" lump in rather a large body, err, will the 2.0TDi actually have enough grunt to pull the skin off a rice pudding ?

I would love the 3.0TDi Quattro version.....fantastic motor, good economy and you can get a pretty well fully loaded low mileage 2007 3.0TDi Quattro version for the price of a new 2.0 TDi A5.....
Makes sense to me in these "credit crunch" times

Hi All

I am a newbie

I have ordered an A5 2.0tdi sport . I was told LED running daylights are not fitted to this model but halogen daylights are ......is this true as I am getting different info from various sources.

also I ordered it on 22 Jan, do I benefit from this free equipment thing thats happening due to the price increases in february?

something to do with free cruise and phone prep low

Being a "small" lump in rather a large body, err, will the 2.0TDi actually have enough grunt to pull the skin off a rice pudding ?

I would love the 3.0TDi Quattro version.....fantastic motor, good economy and you can get a pretty well fully loaded low mileage 2007 3.0TDi Quattro version for the price of a new 2.0 TDi A5.....
Makes sense to me in these "credit crunch" times

Haven't checked the brochures but I wouldn't expect the A5 to be much different from the A4 in the weight department. I test drove a new A4 170Q last week and found the performance to be pretty good. However with the extra weight etc of the Q system the performance wasn't much different from the 2.0TDi 143 I drove immediately before it. The dealer did mention that they don't sell many 170 FWD cars though. I guess it's just too much torque for the FWD setup.

EDIT: A5 2.0TDI Quattro is 20kg lighter than an A4 saloon and 60kg lighter than the A4 Avant I drove.