Coding needed for FL Tail lights 8PA

aristides

Reaction score
Hello guys

I just retroffited my new FL rear lights.
I have some issues though.
My running lights seem to be not as "strong" as i would want them to be.
In comparison to my brake lights they are not so bright.

I can only code them at the Dealers, since i dont own a Vag-Com cable.
I used the value of 36 at byte 12 which means 54% dimming.

What value should i use to get less dimming in order to make my running lights to be brighter?
By running lights i mean the LED^s, in case anyone misunderstood me

Cheers

Tail lights shouldn't be as bright as brake lights, should they?? :think:

No they should only be equivalent to a the output of a 5w bulb, where as brake lights should be a 21w bulb.Could be dangerous if they were the same brightness as no one would notice the brake-lights coming on! Would be similar to idiots who drive around with their rear fog lights on all the time.

Sounds about right to me, they don't look as bright as other manufacturers LED lights (BMW) because they don't show the LED directly, its filtered using some plastic like piping (I've only seen the sportback ones up close)

The advantage to LED lights is how quick they come on when braking not the output of the running light.

Guys i never wanted my Lights to be as bright as my brake lights for gods sake!!

I just thought that my LED`s are not so bright, taking in consideration other photos i saw around from other guys!

photos can be deceiving, maybe you could see how they should look on another SB at the dealer?