Touching Up the Paintwork

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
Audi gave me a free bottle of Brilliant Black paint to use as a DIY touch up job for some stone chips. Problem is I have no brush. Any ideas on what to use instead? I was thinking a cotton bud but the end is too thick IMO.

Nail polish brush, rinsed off beforehand? worked for me

Usually use a fine artist brush - can get them from a model shop .
Whats the cost of the touch up paint from Audi - need to do one one mine ?

Richard

I got the paint free. Sometimes just asking politely gets you what you want!:arco:

For stone chips use a pin or a cocktail stick, brushes usually put too much on, especially the brushes that come with touch-up paint!

I recently purchased a sprint blue paint touch up kit. This colour is only available in spray cans and comes with two cans (clear and base coats). It cost me £12.58.
I use a size 3/0 brush from that I bought from a local model shop to put the paint on.

Clean with alcohol first. Use a toothpick, preferably one made of plastic. Apply thin layers over several days. Fill up the chip or hole so that the paint makes a slight bubble - just barely sticks out/up from the original paint. Leve to cure a couple of days. Wetsand it carefully. Apply two layers of CC. Leave it to cure a couple of days. Wetsand again if nessecary. Machine polish with a rotary.

Presto - chip gone.

Doing it inside a garage etc. with good heat could make the job easier/faster...

Hmm was thinkin of getting this done for mine as my car has a fair few nasty chips due to my daily commute on the M1 but might pop down to audi and see how much a bottle of brilliant red would be

lucky it aint metallic :)