Ibis White Sportback S-line pics

Matt

Reaction score
Old mans new car... Just been there to wash it and put sealant on paintwork and wheels. These pics were taken pre wash hence fly splatter on front bumper and dull wheels! Too dark by the time I got finished!

Front_end2.JPG

Front_end1.JPG

Rear_end1.JPG

Rear_end2.JPG

Does not look all that nice in the pictures? It looked awesome in the metal though! I'd have a white one after seeing his. Its a pain in the **** to apply anything to the paintwork as can hardly see where the product is.

Is there any way of getting an S-line badge on the front grill? It really needs it! Dad is in agreement too after looking at mine next to his.

Here is a picture of my facelift Sportback with the S-line badge fitted. I got the badge from e-bay seller lausebengel2002. Let me know if I can assist you at all.

Car2.jpg

Love White, looks excellant,
Have you seen a white A3 with open sky black roof?
I think open sky looks great on a white car.

he was going to go for open sky roof, optics pack and black roof rails but decided it was going to cost too much.

will see if i can find one of those badges on ebay. thanks

hi, took delivery of our s3 sportback 3 week ago ibis white with black pack and panoramic roof. the roof looks awesome on white.....we also had wheels powdercoated titan grey also impressed with that.... i'll try and post some pics.

That's the first photo of a new-style front end I've seen in white.
I tell you what it reminds me of, which is quite cool.

stormtrooper2_800.jpg

Ha yeah I can see the resemblance!

Saw a 3 series Coupe M-sport yesterday in white... looked amazing! :hubbahubba:

there ya go
Photo0114-1.jpg

Photo0113.jpg

Photo0115.jpg

just like a stormtrooper........:thumbsup:

just a wee word of warning lads, I bought a few badges off e-bay last week. 2 x S3 rear badge, first one was plastic and half the original size, second one was metal and correct size but the red colur on the badge was more a dull red, absolutely no use and a awaste of money.

Here is a picture of my facelift Sportback with the S-line badge fitted. I got the badge from e-bay seller lausebengel2002. Let me know if I can assist you at all.

Car2.jpg

have you got a closer picture, as i've got my badge thru and want to see how you've fitted yours????

Picture as requested.

Firstly put a clip each side of the vertical slat by feeding it through the back of the grill with your finger (you need fairly thin fingers to do this). Push the clips on as far as you can onto the grill. Then using both hands line the slit on the back of the badge up with the vertical slat. Hold onto the badge with your thumbs, put your index fingers through the slats, hold the clips and squeeze the badge into the clips as far as you can. Job done!

The other alternative is to completely remove the grill but I have no idea how to do this as this is my first Audi.

Good luck and hold onto the clips. I didn't and one is still missing. :ohmy:

Grill.jpg

just a wee word of warning lads, I bought a few badges off e-bay last week. 2 x S3 rear badge, first one was plastic and half the original size, second one was metal and correct size but the red colur on the badge was more a dull red, absolutely no use and a awaste of money.

Agree. I have been caught out too, however, I bought this one from lausebengel2002. All badges are genuine and are correctly packaged. Totally recommend him.

Firstly, still don't like the new S-Line grille and still don't really 'get' the S3 sportback. Nice photos anyway fellas.

On the subject of badges, i bought a quattro one for mine to replace the S-Line grille badge but never got round to it. All authentic grill badges are injection moulded plastic with a metal / chrome 'coating', not fully metal. They have to be plastic to be slightly flexible to snap in and out of the clip.

Might put my quattro grille badge on this week actually.... Any tips to avoid snapping anything? Is it a case of just pushing and pulling with brute force to get the original s-line badge off??

Firstly, still don't like the new S-Line grille

The grille is not unique to the s-line, it's the same grille across the entire A3 range now (apart from the S3 of course).

The new grille has thinner vertical bars which sit behind the horizontal slats meaning they are less visible than the pre-facelift, this brings it in line with the new A4, A5 etc..

The grille is not unique to the s-line, it's the same grille across the entire A3 range now (apart from the S3 of course).

The new grille has thinner vertical bars which sit behind the horizontal slats meaning they are less visible than the pre-facelift, this brings it in line with the new A4, A5 etc..

Hmm yes i see now.... It's good because it sets the S3 apart a bit more but the grille just doesn't look as good as the old S-Line in my opinion. Much less sporty.

I agree. I appreciate its to bring it in line with the other new Audis but the grill needs to be different to mark it out as an S-line like it was on the old one.

I agree. I appreciate its to bring it in line with the other new Audis but the grill needs to be different to mark it out as an S-line like it was on the old one.

I was disappointed when I ordered mine that there was no longer a different grill for the S-line pack, however now I have the car I prefer the new grill especially when you see the new one next to old. I think you call it progression. Am I correct in thinking that the old standard A3 grill and the S-line grill were not that different apart from the badge?

The S-Line grill had only 11 vertical struts on its grilled compared to the 13/14 on the standard grill. Also the vertical struts sticks out over the horizontal ones so they are more 'pronounced' whereas the standard ones are behind the horizontal struts.