retro fit mods - whats best?

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
Ive been looking through vagparts.com and there seems to be a lot of retro fit parts like cruse control and the mood lighting, what would people reccomend is worth having?

also on a side note, is it possible to retro fit the multi function steering wheel and turn the option on using vag com so you have the mpg etc?

cheers

Karl.

I is it possible to retro fit the multi function steering wheel and turn the option on using vag com so you have the mpg etc?
You don't need the MFSW to get the full trip computer - just a new wiper stalk with the trip computer controls on it, and a tweak with VAG-COM.

And yes it is possible to retrofit the MFSW and have all the functions work. I have a link on how to do this, and I have two different three-spoke wheels and the associated parts to do this mod for sale as well. Just got an S-Line three spoke sport wheel in the mail from three months ago that I don't even remember buyingand don't need.

SWEETTT!!! any idea on a part number? in the next month im getting a full version of vag com for my b-day so changing bits with vag com is not a prob.

You don't need the MFSW to get the full trip computer - just a new wiper stalk with the trip computer controls on it, and a tweak with VAG-COM.

Hi, do you know if this can be retrofitted to the B6? If so, do you have the part number for the stork and any idea of cost please?

the part number for the B7 is: 4EO 953 503 C 4PK

is that the only part thats needed? (apart from an adaptation on vag com?)

cheers

Karl.

I've been doing the same and looking on Vagparts to see if there are any options I would like to add to my car (when I finally get it:ermm:).

The only one's I can see me going for are the iPod adaptor, Bluetooth and possibly the cruise control. I am hoping the first two can be fitted with the RNSe sat nav system?

I never noticed if my car had the light pack in it as it was not something I expect to be an optional extra. That's something I have been so shocked at coming to Audi for the first time....how everything is optional :wacko: and costs so much. I wouldn't have minded the S-Line sill scuff plates as well but at £188 I dont think I will bother.

I had cruse on my mk4, didnt like it, plus it used more fuel so im not bothered about that.

the Audis do remind me of old BMWs though where everythings an optional extra, luckly mines a S line so ive got all the kit I want and I can fit the mpg my self which I about the only thing I miss (bar heated seats which the girlfriends very much missing, and head light washer jets)

And yes it is possible to retrofit the MFSW and have all the functions work. I have a link on how to do this, and I have two different three-spoke wheels and the associated parts to do this mod for sale as well. Just got an S-Line three spoke sport wheel in the mail from three months ago that I don't even remember buyingand don't need.

Anyone got this "link" I really want this function

I had cruse on my mk4, didnt like it, plus it used more fuel so im not bothered about that.

the Audis do remind me of old BMWs though where everythings an optional extra, luckly mines a S line so ive got all the kit I want and I can fit the mpg my self which I about the only thing I miss (bar heated seats which the girlfriends very much missing, and head light washer jets)

I have to say that I have only ever used the cruise control once on the GT so that may yet be one I knock of the 'wants' list for the A4. I have made sure I got all the main things on the S-Line I have gone for too but there are just a couple of things that I would not mind (mainly the iPod connection as I will really miss that).

The one good thing about everything being optional on Audi's seems to be that it is pretty easy to retrofit alomst everything. I have only been reading the forum for a few days but it seems that quite a few parts simply need plugging in and hooking up to Vagcom and 'Bob's your Mothers Uncle on your Grandad's side' you have a new working gadget or gizmo in your car :yes:

I would have ordered my vagcom this month but I need my tow bar first as im towing at the end of oct,

The plug and play is handy though, as im always playing and adding things

ahh the wheel only does the radio and phone and not the maf...its something id like but it can wait untill I have the maf control stalk

Doh I asked for the wrong link, serves me right for reading to many posts on different site.

I need a guide to installing the Stalk so i can get the MPG DIS info, and what i need to change on VAG com etc.

Its it just plug and play?

you dont need to change the control module for the mpg etc do you?

also PM me with how mucho for the s line wheel and the colour of it,

cheers

Karl.