Vag-Com Help!

S3 Big Andy

Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
Hi, I have just got a new Vag-com lead and software, I plugged it in and all seems ok, but I get an error on the lead saying my after market radio is not working, but I dont have one!!

Help!!

Can you copy and paste the fault that has come up?

Which lead do you have? What version of VAG-COM are you using?

Micro- can and the new software it downloaded..

I could but I dont want to plug it in again in case the lights go again, oh I missed that off last time it mucked up my lights!

Should it say it's working? My last one had an aftermarket stereo and it always said there was a fault... Simply because it couldn't see it (as it expected with the standard one).

Mine has this fault as i have an aftermarket one in it:

Address 19: CAN Gateway
Part No SW: 1K0 907 530 D HW: 1K0 907 951
Component: Gateway H08 0100
Coding: 3F0F0B42070101
Shop #: WSC 06314
1 Fault Found:
01304 - Radio
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 254
Reset counter: 76
Mileage: km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2008.08.21
Time: 01:51:55

That because there's no signal from the stereo? If yours is the same, it could mean the a loose wire or the bit that sends signal to the main comp to say its working is bust..

what radio you got in your car Andy?

I have an after market install and I simply re-coded the gateway to tell it that it doesn't have an Audi stereo.

Best bet is to paste the result of an auto-scan so that we can advise you.

An auto-scan is non destructive and won't make any changes.

Paul

Paul I'm sure we've been down this road before but with so many posts I've forgotten, lol, but the FSD's & Eibach's, overall thoughts on this combination, how low is the ride cause I'm not into lowering at all, are they the well known 30mm springs mate & would you say these are worth the money or did J put on the car b4 you bought it from him.

Sorry if repeated conversation from before, just Damian@DPM says the Bilstein B6 are 10 times better than FSD's but guessing the price is also as much times, lol.

Hi mate, there is a pic about mid way done on this page : http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21390&page=7

When I bought it from J. it had the Eibach SportsLine Springs (50mm drop) with the stock shocks and I didn't like the ride, so I installed the Proline kit (30mm) with the FSD dampers. I am very happy with the result, it handles well and the FSD dampers soak up a lot of the crap road surfaces that we have to put up with. It is about on par with the firmness of the suspension of my wifes MX-5 sport.

Regards,

Paul