Stereo problems?

AudiSport

Reaction score
Morning all!

I got in my car this morning as normal however when I started the car the stereo didn't come on.. So I pushed the left button to turn it on, however all I get is the word 'SAFE' written on the screen?

I tried to eject a CD - but it then ejected all six for me as some kind of fair-well gesture!

It's a Symphony BOSS system.

You need to reenter the security code. with SAFE on the screen you need to push and hold 2 buttons (usually TP & RDS, but check in the manual), until 1000 appears, then use the 1-4 keys to enter the security code.

maybe you have a hip hop stereo and its telling you it likes you and everything is cushty...nah wot ah mean bruv, norf lundin massive innit!

went to leave work this evening, and the battery was flat - funny ol thing!
So, new battery? What's that going to cost me, easy to fit?

sore back job cos of the stupid place its in lol, its a bit awkward to take out and get the new one in without trapping the cables under it.

Stay away from halfrauds - they want around £100 for a battery, best to go to a motor factor like brown brothers or similar, lucas service etc. It won't be charged usually unless you ask them to confirm, they don't normally ship charged batteries to stores but they sometimes charge them before sale.

Maybe even ****-Fit, at least then you can let some spanner monkey do the - erm - donkey work :)

Get a Bosch Silver top if you can they are excellent, should be about £80, and yes much easier if you can get a mate to help.

Evilscotsman and AndyMac spot on - bad back remember it well - Bosch Silver top good recommendation - I would suggest you go to German & Swedish, I paid £75 inc VAT, two years back and it was for a 72Ah battery replacing the standard 70Ah Audi unit. The stealers wanted £130 ish I recall - had to ask em for a laugh.

Ironically, in Chelmsford G&S is the unit next to the Audi prep workshop!!
Find your nearest G&S branch with this link.......
http://www.gsfcarparts.com/contact/branches.asp

Woorlord, see you are in Chelmsford, be on the look out for my black cabriolet then !!!
One of my friends is a mechanic at Chelmsford Audi, and his wife drives for GSF

Andy

PS - its even worse changing a battery on a cabriolet as they put a strut brace right in front of the battery!

Andyccr, close enough - slightly up the A12 in Tiptree
Chelmsford is the nearest stealer!!