VAG-COM: View Readiness - Help with screenshot

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Keeping it S3 specific, I thought I'd post it here rather than the VAGCOM section...

After sitting in with the vagcom running the other night I came across this screen

6e7de693.jpg

This got some bells ringing.

In your experience from previous VAGCOM work should I look into any of the above?

I'm to get hold of a registered copy and then go for a drive and do some data logging (is that right?) but I really dont know head to tail to this software!

Thank you

If you'd just cleared some fault codes then that also resets the Readiness. Most of the emissions stuff won't show as Passed until you've driven a few miles so the system can log some data.

Got ya.

I do recall clearing some units. I must take it for a drive and take some results.

Can someone just give a very brief rundown as to the areas of the software I should be in? I have to check LOG, right?

I'm going to stay on top of the thread with my 'happenings' over the next few tests. Something isn't right with the car, feels v.underpowered. Just replaced the MAF also.

Thanks themanthatcan

So I've managed to get a few logs done this evening with a friend, up and down the A1.

firstly, I was presented with "16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Signal too Low
P0102 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
"

Which is weird, as I've only just put a MAF in. (I've made sure the connection is secure)

Secondly... take a look at these results from the log:

dff8c608.jpg

The highlighted area shows areas of "Misfire Sum", where by it's reading 1 or 2.. Looks to through the rev range at that moment.. I wish I knew how to determine these results. Shouldn't I be getting some lambda readings also?!?

Also, going back to the above 'Readiness' image, after the drive the "Evaporative emissions" and "oxygen sensor heating" had passed, but the CAT and o2 sensor remained as FAILED.

Could my CAT of gone?! :(

Oh man

dont know anything about vagcom mate sorry. gutted for you though you've had loads of crap go wrong with your s3. feel for ya.

lol, not too worry pal. but you're right, it seems to have been an endless list of issues..

It IS underpowered. (I'm not just 'used' to the power)

Theres something flagging that the CAT Converter is dead.

Theres something up with my new MAF.

I now appear to have a misfire. (or two?)

Come the day I can post a positive post, I will be a happy man! It's about ready for another thorough gutting/detail session, so fingers crossed, that will be my next thread.

Feel for you Jimmeh hope you get it sorted! Detailing session can i drop mine off haha:superman: