Toe settings

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've just noticed pretty heavy wear on the insides of both front tyres. I replaced all the front suspension arms and the track rod ends a few months ago and didnt get it aligned afterwards which i'm guessing is whats killed the tyres, i'm not that bothered though as the fronts were crap and i wanted to replace them regardless, but the missus wasnt having it untill they'd worn out :p

So ive seen a few people mentioning it needs taken to a super special alignment centre to get everything "setup properly" but the only thing thats actually adjustable is the Toe and the camber distribution, seen as both tyres have worn similarly i'm not concerned with the camber distribution and any half decent garage will be able to set the toe for me...

What i'm wondering is if anyone has experimented with their Toe settings and has any recommendations for me, i think the audi specs are about 10minutes toe out per side, +/-2mins. I suspect these settings will be pretty good, but obviously more toe out will give the car a better "turn in" feel and more toe in will make it feel a bit more stable at speed... Surprisingly for a big saloon car the stock settings are already toed out but has anyone taken it any futher?

Anyone know if the S4 or RS4 ran different toe settings to the rest of the range?

Cheers