ICE questions 8L

jbkudos

Reaction score
Hi

I know this should be in the ICE forum ( I have posted it there to) but there is a lot more people viewing this forum!!

Right before anybody moans I know there are lots of threads about this but to be honest I found some quite confusing ie BOSE/Non BOSE part BOSE etc?!?

1 - I have the bose system with the "SUB" (more like a mid range speaker!!) in the cubby on the left of the boot and a BOSE (massive lol!!) amp in the right cubby hole

2 - My standard concert head unit has the volume issue so I have ordered http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...0UB/index.html
got it for £119 of Amazon

The questions:

1 - What wiring connector will I need to plug the new HU in? I don't want to do anything to complicated like bypassing the bose amp etc as wiring is not my forte!!

2 - What facia adaptor will I need?

3- I would like more bass, is it easy to wire in a pre amped sub box in the boot? and just disconnect the BOSE one?

4 - Andymac seems to be a man who knows his stuff and he recommends changing the tweeters in the doors, any good recommendations for an upgrade to?

5 - I want to put my ipod in the glove box as the new stereo has the lead out of the back will I need to drill a hole for the wire?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I don't mind admitting I am an ICE novice?!?

Thanks again
footy.gif

I have a DEH-P55BT in mine with iPod input, the adaptor has been put behind the glovebox by taking the crappy trim under the box and routing the wires through but then i have the iPod in the glove by tucking the wire inbetween the glovebox and centre console, it is not visible and no holes!
I changed the tweeters and fronts to pioneers then the rears to another set of pioneers i originally ran them of the standard amp then ran them off the head unit with better results and clarity.

cheers, is it eay to just bypass the bose amp then? In one of my previous cars I had a pioneer and just wired the speakers 6x9s to it and they sounded really good!!

I have the non bose amp so the block socket is different but when i tried this i got fedup and ran new wires from the head unit to the back speakers. Plus if you want proper punch from the sub you need to buy andymacs enclosure.

on the subject my s3 has bose in it,could i just change the rear sub with an aftermarket one or is this a pain in **** to do.

You can replace the sub but the standard amp is too **** to run it, and the plastic enclosure makes it sound ****. If im wrong im sure andy will be along soon to correct me.

Im running an Apline Ipod ready unit with a JBL 12" and a seperate JBL amp.

I dont get any popping through the speakers at all.

Jason

I got a Kenwood 640 running my 12" jl audio with no poping. The box takes up abit of space thats all. Mind you when i think about it im not using any OEM ice at all.