Finally sold-but for peanuts

I think you can appreciate the fact the economy is pretty much totally based on consumer spending.....

....And finance in the City.

Ironically, the City boys spend a lot of their 'hard earned' bonuses on fast cars !

I soon will be joining you... giving an S3 away! lololol

But not because of fuel prices...

Pedro

Just as a quick note-you can now pick up 3.2`s for about 7k:wtf: So although its a pants price for mine, really I cant see it doing much better than that? :cool:

Where? The cheapest I can see on Autotrader is 8250 for a high mileage model

I think you can appreciate the fact the economy is pretty much totally based on consumer spending.

Not really. I work in the Financial Services Industry - the UK is the world leader in this field and sells a lot of its industry output to overseas clients. It has nothing to do with consumer spending.

9.5k for an 04 3.2 - wow that is cheap!

i sold my 04 TDI140 for 15,650 late 06, which is admittedly a completely worthless comparison lol

Where? The cheapest I can see on Autotrader is 8250 for a high mileage model

You are not looking hard enough...msn cars & pistonheads have some about that sort of mark.

To everyone else...I agree with almost all of the points, however, like I said I did NOT sell it purely because of the fuel\tax etc, I had had the car for a couple of years and it was time for a change, I just happen to mension that on thinking of what to change it for,nothing out there thats in my budjet at the mo floats my boat so I would go for a cheapo for a while untill such a time that I find something I really want, to see what happens with the economy also-Dont want to chuck 20k at a car that I`m not really into and take a big hit on that car at the same time.
On that subject I have just picked up a mk4 golf TDI (150) for 5k to run about in for a bit-for what it is I have to say I`m pretty pleased with it, I can start to see the attraction with the A3 TDI 170 now...not saying I would buy one but even this little thing is nippy-anyway thanks chapo`s...:beerchug: