garret turbo?

neil205

Reaction score
hi there, hope you can help, i live in northern ireland and am travelling over to england in a week or two to pick up my second s3, its a 2002 s3 that has an mtm chip and garret turbo. i am slighlty concerned about the setup and was told to seek advice here! basically the guy says the original turbo blew so he spent 1500 on the garret only 200 miles ago. he says its running well but he hasnt turned the boost up at all. he is still using the standard down pipe and manifold and recons as the boost hasnt been turned up that that should be ok. what do you recon? and when i bring it home obviously i would like to release some of the potential so what would be needed then and any idea of costs? thanks alot in advance:uhm:

sorry i had this same post in the wrong section earlier

sorry bud, just changed the title there with the model. thanks in advance

i came across a similar one on ebay recently,could you confirm the reg?isit a 51 plate registered in 2002?

yea it is mate, df51goh i think.has it a bad history?

yeah that car used to be from my area i would suggest you keep clear mate!

Yeah i remember this one being on mentioned on here and its been advertised on Ebay a few times. A red S3 if my memory serves me right. I'd stay well clear

wheres your area faz and what colour is the one you are talking about cos it isnt red? cheers

Aky i think your talking about the S3 FKU?neil im sure is talking about a black one!but i know the red one you on about that seemed well dodgy.

yeah you're right - My memory is shocking. Gotta lay off the methodone

what area in is the one you are talking about mate, im relying on your info to make sure i dont travel the whole way over to pick up a shitter!

I remember that one on ebay about a month ago, god did he try and sell it & to get the potential out of the turbo you will need a new down pipe £600ish, sports cat & exhaust £1000, manifold £400ish, front mount intercooler £700 ,new 4 bar fuel pressure regulator not sure on price, big injectors, uprated clutch, brakes, suspension, custom remap £500 and a few other bits, i think some one on here paid about £7000 all in fitted, so take off the cost of a garret £1200 and you should have your price ish!!!!

Faz will probable be able to fill you in better as he has a BT conversion!

GOOD LUCK!

so what is the turbo on an s3 i know its a k04 but who makes it

its not from my area any more,think the chap who use to own it sold it about a year or so ago dont quote me on that,but it was definitely remapped to 265bhp,if you take my advise i wouldnt even look at that car twice but its your decision.if i think im right on the ebay listing he quoted the mileage as being in the 60k region??not sure but im sure the turbo should not give way that early,his ebay ad was really dodgy aswell as the lads on here will inform you aswell!

Oh that was me that found it in the first place, think i remember now, it was quite rough.....steer clear if i was you there are alot better S3's about than that! just have a look around on here, then you know that most of us are enthusiasts and it's well looked after!

LOL that chap might have just shot himself in the foot telling you to come on here!!!!

S£ lol shall i go look at my mtm receipt??haha

thanks for all your help guys, ididnt know it would cost so much to do all the supporting mods with the turbo. does anyone know if there are any s3's for sale in northern ireland? dying to get another one, i really miss mine :-(

there was a pre face lift silver mtm 330 bhp on pistonheads not too long ago going for around the 8.5k mark!

would rather a 2001 onwards mate. just told that guy didnt wanna come over anymore, too many things didnt add up. thanks for advice

i will keep an eye out for you mate,isit a big turbo one your after?

thanks mate, dont know, my last one was 265 and i just thought if i could get one well set up for half decent money then i may aswell, pm'ing acky here about his, has his any dodgy history haha as if yous would tell me!:)

S£ren has a top notch one, not too sure if it's still for sale though and its in suffolk, about 11k

If it wasn't for this forum mine would have probably still been standard and I'd have about an extra £4k in the bank!

thanks mate, dont know, my last one was 265 and i just thought if i could get one well set up for half decent money then i may aswell, pm'ing acky here about his, has his any dodgy history haha as if yous would tell me!:)

hmm aky,haha nah his looks mint mate!!im surprised it hasnt sold!