dissable cold diagnostics

ferepe

Reaction score
hello guys,

recently I bought LED DRL's and LED standlights for Bi-xenons. DRL's came with quite big resistors. There's a warning in big capital letters not to position these resistors close to anything which might be affected by extreme temperature. the same thing for LED standlight... So I plugged the LEDs in just without these resistors and they came on for about 1sec then went off.

I assume that when I put the lights on, the cold diagnostics evaluated this as blown bulb and disconnected.

So my question is: is there any way using VAGCOM how to completely dissable light's cold diagnostics?? (DRL's and standlight).. I know how to dissable it for ingnition on.. but then when you put the lights on, apparently it does another scan once again which is not dissabled.

many thanks

If you put them on without the resistors you may have blown the LEDs.

You should be able to disable the warning. I had to do it for headlight range control. I simply changed Mil 31 to a zero in xenons adaptation.

Have you deselected all the cold diagnosis' in the long coding?

the cold diagnostics checks the bulbs when they arent powered on - as soon as you switch on the lights the hot diagnostics will tell you the bulb has blown

unfortunately you cant disable the hot diagnostics (that i can find anyway)

would it help maybe to dimm appropriate light to avoid fault report on FIS? I mean, if they could source it out on A8 DRL (they have OEM LED drl's installed)