Autocar Mag

davidhodgkinson

Reaction score
Well I've had a busy friday trying to organise everything, but here goes(just waiting for the final confirmation details).

The owner of one of the car forums I'm on was contacted by Audi Press office to see if they had an Mk1 Audi S3 owner, so my name was mentioned.

From this initial conversation, I've been contacted by Audi press office and from Autocar.

It seems Autocar want to do an upcoming feature on second hand performance cars and the Mk1 Audi S3 is one of the 1st on the list.

So if all goes well I should be driving down to London on Wednesday to attend the Autocar test track (Thursday) to have an interview and a road test with the Autocar crew.

There should be an interview and photos of me and my car appearing in an upcoming Autocar mag :s3addict:

Cool......hopefully all goes well, is your car modified or standard ? be nice to see how the car performs around the track compared to other second hand performance motors !!!:racer:

That should be a good read! Youll have to let us know when the issue comes out

That should be a good read! Youll have to let us know when the issue comes out

Dave will be lucky to get more than one photo and a paragraph of text amongs other cars in the same price range or style of car ie. Fast hatchbacks for under £10k.

I reckon we should all have a guess on what's going to be written.

My guess is something along the lines of.... Desireable good looking hatchback, good build quality and interior like most Audi's, common faults to are air flow sensors, plenty of them around, watch out for poor repaired ones, FSH essential.

Dave will be lucky to get more than one photo and a paragraph of text amongs other cars in the same price range or style of car ie. Fast hatchbacks for under £10k.

I reckon we should all have a guess on what's going to be written.

My guess is something along the lines of.... Desireable good looking hatchback, good build quality and interior like most Audi's, common faults to are air flow sensors, plenty of them around, watch out for poor repaired ones, FSH essential.

Not far off then...

Ok - My car's in todays issue of autocar (15th Oct).

They've still not yet sent the pictures, so when they turn up I'll set some posted.

Have you got a nice big Audi-sport.net banner for your back window shots yet? hehe

Congratulations - hope all goes well

Was reading the report yesterday, did not realsie it was yours, nice right up mate.

Shame the FRP won...is a great car though!