Cleaning EGR and Mani TDI Multitronic

yy54cnk

Reaction score
Howdy, have checked the forum through search, lots of topics for cleaning EGR and inlet manifold for manual cars, I've got a 130 Multitronic and the inlet manifold and egr set up is completely different, and I think the only way to do is to remove everything on the inlet side to gain access to the EGR body bolts?

Anyone done this or have a link to 'How To'

Cheers in advance:think:

i have done this job on a golf with the same engine,and its basically very simple with a reasonable degree of mechanical knowledge,and a good tool kit but be prepared to get greasy the sludge inside these things is as dirty and greasy as i have experienced,black crud that seems almost impervious to almost all chemicals even hot water from a pressure washer so dont be afraid to have a go just be careful with the hidden manifold bolts and re tighten in sequence and to the correct torque

Is there a guide to doing this on the 2.5 V6 engine?

Is there a guide to doing this on the 2.5 V6 engine?

yer get someone else to do it, its a real pain up the bum and you will need to cut down an Alan key to be able to fit under one of the bolts, then get a small ratcheh spanner to work the bolt undone, once the EGR valve is off then get scrubbing, i went the lazy way and just got a new one from Audi, we also used petrol to clean out the manifolds off from the car, it helped break down all the sludgy crap in there!

You offering to clean my egr for me turkster as if so thats very kind :)

So if cleaning it is tricky is it easier to blank it off? if so what would i need to do this?