HELP!!!!

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
This morning, some silly bint whacked into the back of my car! I was stationary, must have been about a 10mph maybe a lil more into the back of me - total shock and jolt forward! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It don't look like any visible damage to mine, just a line on the bumper, but am worried about a twist in the chassis. I'm gonna call my insurance now, if anyone can advise of anything to take into a/c etc please let me know. My back is feeling a warm, not like total agony, but never had whiplash before, so don't know what it'd be like - maybe I'll be a sensitive in the morning. What should I do about getting it checked out? Please help anyone! Fanx - will keep you all posted on the condition etc

You need to get your doctors to get them to assess your back.

If the impact was only 10mph I think its very unlikely you've twisted your chassis. Bumpers have rating on them at which they can absorb impact ( Don't know what it is for the A3). I suspect though you may need a new bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Get your insurance company to send an assesor out. Becareful though about making a claim, you'll have to stump up your excess before they'll pay out.. and then you'll have the joy of chasing the insurance company to chase the other insurance company to get your excess back ( Went through this about a year ago .. took me about 6 months in total).

cheers cybrey, my back is actually starting to ache a lil bit now, I just feel a bit sort of stiff (no bull there guys - I'm not into this whole [censored] about claims unless for real!) I called my insurance, told them ur right about the excess which is 500 ([censored] THE BED) but I can go through her insurance if I want, which saves my excess and the hassle of getting it all back. so I called tle lady to get the details and she was parked up in a layby sobbin (as much as I'm REAL GUTTED about all this - I feel a bit sorry for her, but I need to get it checked profgessionaly) so now I'm awaiting her policy number. The car she hit me in was a courtesy car too - so I have the garage details for all that. It's just hassle I don't need! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGH Could be worse though I suppose......

I'm at work trying to do [censored] and get this all sorted.

Get a doc to check your back and then a solicitor for the compo! Should be a grand at least (off-sets your excess etc) and as she hit you from behind, her/the garage's insurers should pay full wack for the lot as you're not at fault - job's a good'un!

If your not injured, don't claim for injury!Yes you are entitled to by law, but the ones who shout "Sue her" are the same people who are first to whinge because their insurance is F**Kin extortionate.
GBH

[ QUOTE ]
GBH said:
If your not injured, don't claim for injury!Yes you are entitled to by law, but the ones who shout "Sue her" are the same people who are first to whinge because their insurance is F**Kin extortionate.
GBH

[/ QUOTE ]

Pathetic! Yep, you could choose to lose out on a nice little earner and feel you're helping keep premiums down (sort of crap you hear from Bush or Blair!) or get what you're entitled to. It won't change your life, the figures are already decieded upon and are based on your injuries and loss in the matter.

If GBH wants cheaper premiums all road he'd be better off getting folks (like the lady in question!) to be better drivers and not cause accidents which make the claims in the first place!

But as to premiums - we all want the cheapest we can, but bottom line is, if you can't afford the insurance, what ever it is, you can't afford the car!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
A guy went up the back of me at a roundabout at about 5/10mph, only 3 weeks after I got my car. No real visible damage to the dumper except a few scratches, however Audi said the bumper was distorted and I would need a new rear bumper and insert. £550 supplied painted and fitted!

HOLY CR@P

I would doubt very much that there is any body or chassis damage as the assessor for my car said there is about a 6 inch gap between the bumper and the body/chassis.

GOOD STUFF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As for whiplash, you wouldn't feel it until the day after. If you do have whiplash, you'll know about it tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought as much, but it's starting to ache a lil bit now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cheers bud', I hate to sue for libel before lunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

So it turns out she is insured on the garage insurance - happens to be a VW garage, so I'm gonna pop over and see if they will take a look (obvioulsy I'm expecting them to say there is nothing wrong with it, as they won't want any claims on their insurance - but then I'm gonna take it to my insurers recommendation aswell) the VW garage receptionist or switchboard lady was well unhelpful and she was like - yeah I bet there's no damage as it was only a crack on the number plate of the courtesy car...............yeah for which she had to pay £250!!!!!! WHAT A RIP OFF!!!!! That's another reason I'm gonna go see this garage, if she had to pay 250 for a cracked number plate - they are taking the urine! What a polava this is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had to pay my excess of £225, but I got it back no probs after about 3 months!

Do yourself a favour, get you car assessed and repaired at an Audi approved repairer because you will need to maintain your Audi paintwork warranty.

off to VW now, then to my insurance approved place (which is Vauxhall) then to A&E, as my neck is gettin well warm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I want to goto an audi garage too but will see what these ones say first! wish me luck - will keep ya's posted!

Hope your ok health wise, if you ever try the police seatbelt demonstrator, a car seat on a slide (which is only 7MPH), you'll know the jolt you get as it hits the buffers.

Oh and take it all the way insurance wise too, maybe the woman will actually LOOK at the road ahead next time.

This kind of thing pee's me off a lot, my g/f in Seattle got hit last year in the same kind of accident and had 3 months of physiotherapy on her neck.

right - it's official I need a new bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif went to the VW garage - W_A_N_K_A_S the guy came out and literally said "well there's nowt the matter with it!" then he cleaned all the dirt off with some polish and said "look, it's nothing wrong with it" then hit the bumpa with the side of his fist and said - they are designed to take a bump of about that speed - hence bumpers (I felt a bit stoopid at this point as I didn't really have a leg to stand on, but I was upset with him hittin ma bumpa) then I got down and had a good look - nice nipple dent on one side, then another in an exact straight line on teh other side with a scratch in between - I pointed this out and said, "they weren't there before!" then the guy was like, ah well I'd better price it up for a new bumpa........ what an ***!

so then I drove to my insurers recommendation (vauxhall garage) and they were much better - showed the fella and then he went stuck it on the ramps to make sure no structural damage - to MY ABSOLUTE RELIEF! phew! he said I need a new bumper and carrier (apparently underneath thingy :s) and they will cut a whole in the bumpa where the miltek melts the plastic (it's the stealth one underneath like standard, so ya don't see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif NOW WHY DIDN'T THE GUY AT VW DO ALL THIS? I'm gonna get the quote then give them a piece of my mind about the inspection and service! I can be good at that, and if I have to claim off the garage insurance policy I will go all the way I can! I'm really gutted for the woman and myself for that matter - I can understand the whole polava if it was big accident (not that I'd rather have that of course) but it was just a little thing.

I'm off to sit in A&E now great fun I imagine - am friggin used to hosiptals by now. My back and neck were feeling funny whilst sitting in Vauxhall garage, but not so bad now - might come in spells? who knows? but best to be safe and double check. will be back soon as I need advice on teh route i choose to claim, apparently I have a couple of options available to me?

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
right - it's official I need a new bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif went to the VW garage - W_A_N_K_A_S the guy came out and literally said "well there's nowt the matter with it!" then he cleaned all the dirt off with some polish and said "look, it's nothing wrong with it" then hit the bumpa with the side of his fist and said - they are designed to take a bump of about that speed - hence bumpers (I felt a bit stoopid at this point as I didn't really have a leg to stand on, but I was upset with him hittin ma bumpa) then I got down and had a good look - nice nipple dent on one side, then another in an exact straight line on teh other side with a scratch in between - I pointed this out and said, "they weren't there before!" then the guy was like, ah well I'd better price it up for a new bumpa........ what an ***!

so then I drove to my insurers recommendation (vauxhall garage) and they were much better - showed the fella and then he went stuck it on the ramps to make sure no structural damage - to MY ABSOLUTE RELIEF! phew! he said I need a new bumper and carrier (apparently underneath thingy :s) and they will cut a whole in the bumpa where the miltek melts the plastic (it's the stealth one underneath like standard, so ya don't see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif NOW WHY DIDN'T THE GUY AT VW DO ALL THIS? I'm gonna get the quote then give them a piece of my mind about the inspection and service! I can be good at that, and if I have to claim off the garage insurance policy I will go all the way I can! I'm really gutted for the woman and myself for that matter - I can understand the whole polava if it was big accident (not that I'd rather have that of course) but it was just a little thing.

I'm off to sit in A&E now great fun I imagine - am friggin used to hosiptals by now. My back and neck were feeling funny whilst sitting in Vauxhall garage, but not so bad now - might come in spells? who knows? but best to be safe and double check. will be back soon as I need advice on teh route i choose to claim, apparently I have a couple of options available to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

How funny - coming out of my pocket (VW dealer), nothing wrong.... someone paying me to do a job, you need this, this this 'n' this!!! Thems the 'rules' ain't they! I'm not say the Vauxhall will do stuff not needed, I am say that V Dub place wanted to get off with as little damage as possible!

Hope you check out ok at A and E, as to compo claiming, get your car fixed first and payed for by their insurers before putting in a claim via a good solicitor. The Law Society run a scheme called Acident Line who will set you up with a top local personal injury lawyer, cost to you NIL!!! Just make sure that your explain where it hurts in full and that the medics note it down.

Good Luck!!!

I think you are likely to get a bad back sitting in A and E all night, going on a friday has to be bad news.

erm not sure about the guarantee but if the work done is not up to scratch you can always take it back if you feel you are unhappy with it. It is a consumer right so you should be ok.

Luckily i had no electrical things damaged like my rear lights and so on so it was only body repair that was required. Therefore I was happy with the work they had done once i saw it and I also went on a little test run with them to see if the car sounded fine. All in all so far I am very happy with the repair work and you shouldnt worry about the guarantee thing too much as you will be covered as i said by consumer law but it is upto you.

I had no injuries luckily but the person who took the initial impact seemed to suffer some whiplash.