A Bargain

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
As I live and work in Turkey I have found that there are many good bargains to be had here. I have found manual labor to be dirt cheap and of a very professional standard. I recently found a guy who had worked for a very reputable detailers in Istanbul for 9 years and had recently moved to my city. He came highly recommended by my friend who had his paintwork polished and protected by him.

I dropped my car of at 9am to get the full paintwork protection and polish/wax and then collected it at 6pm. When I arrived he was just finishing the car off and these are the results. He used 5 different kinds of Meguiar's waxes and polishes on the car. All this work was done for 150YTL(60 quid). What would I pay for something like this back in Glasgow?? Comments on the car are welcome guys.

063.jpg

062.jpg

059.jpg

061.jpg

056.jpg

065.jpg

059.jpg

070.jpg

057-1.jpg

056-1.jpg

066.jpg

064.jpg

060.jpg

069.jpg

Holy sh1t that's cheap, the megs stuff itself must have cost a few quid.

Thats looking amazing for £60!! You wont be getting anywhere NEAR that offer in the UK! Thats a sweet looking car!

Coss

How much would it cost in fuel to get to istanbul??

Looking gooood GR!

Cheers. It goes to show you how much we get ripped off in the U.K. I gave him a nice wee tip for taking such good care of it though.

I don't know what kind of overheads the guy has or how much cheaper/more expensive things are in Turkey but it'd be double that price here, probably more. Looks a great job too. I'm sure it softens the blow of last nights result!

Looks amazing.!! Top stuff. The shine on it :icon_thumright:
Something like that would cost almost £150 here in the UK.

Did he do a paint correction too?

Could do with getting that done - any suggestions for detailing in South Devon?

Got a quote from a boy in Glasgow. 170 Quid for polish and paint protection using Zaino products. Nearly 3 times the price.

I'm having my coupe done next saturday while I am away on holiday and it's costing me more than the boy in glasgow price. Better be worth it!

J.

I'm having my coupe done next saturday while I am away on holiday and it's costing me more than the boy in glasgow price. Better be worth it!

J.

Well once you've tested them, you can let me know if they are any good :idea: as mine could do with doing. I haven't got the time, gates need to be stained again, Mum wants me to go round and move some of her kitchen units etc etc.

So I've decided I want to have it done and like you I'll maintain it once it's been done. Who's products are they using ?

Wish we could get that kind of job done for £60.

Paul

How much are you paying J and what are they using on it?

I'm paying £230 cash but that is for a bit of paint correction as well. Someone very kindly reversed into my car at work and scratch the rear bumper and I have a coule of other wear and tear marks that he is going to sort out for me.

He's willing to use any products I wanted and has a long list of what he has but I told him which waxes I prefer (zymol concours and destiny being my favourites that I use) He's suggest using one that he has told me I will be happy with, I'm after a concours wax type finish i.e. one that gives a et look shine if you know what I mean. And for the life of me I can't remember the name of it - i'll edit the post when it comes to me!!! But I ave seen it on my friends Gti Ed30 which hedid a few weeks ago.

I'll post up pics when I getback from holiday in a couple of weeks and list the products he used.

J.

Well once you've tested them, you can let me know if they are any good :idea: as mine could do with doing. I haven't got the time, gates need to be stained again, Mum wants me to go round and move some of her kitchen units etc etc.

So I've decided I want to have it done and like you I'll maintain it once it's been done. Who's products are they using ?

Wish we could get that kind of job done for £60.

Paul

He is very good Paul, I've seen his work first hand on my mates Gti Ed30. I'm not that brave to take pot luck on my baby and use someone that I haven't seen their work first hand :)

But I'll bring it round when it's done so you can have a look see.

J.