Just checking i'm not being ripped off.....

duane

Reaction score
My wifes aircon wasn't blowing cold so i booked it in for a re-gas. When the guy checked it over he found a slight leak coming from the bottom left hand corner(drivers side). He's said i need a new condensor....He's quoted me £300 all in for the new air-con rad fitted and re-gassed...

Is this a reasonable price for this type of job? Could it be an easy diy job? Any help or advice welcome...

Cheers

Duane.

How would a new condensor solve a leak? Is a pipe leaking, or is the condensor leaking? I'd get a second opinion if I was you. It's too easy to "replace" a codensor when just a re-gas is required.

Yeah condensor,I think its the bottom left Corner on the plastic casing if I remember right..

He found the leak bottom left hand side of the condensor where it looks like it joins the pipe. So what your saying is it could be just the connecting pipe and not the condensor itself? Hmmmm looks like i'll have to get a second opinion like you say to put my mind at rest now before i go ahead and get the work done.....

He's said i need a new condensor....He's quoted me £300 all in for the new air-con rad fitted and re-gassed...

Is this a reasonable price for this type of job? Could it be an easy diy job to fit the rad? Any advice welcome....

Cheers

Duane.