Faulty traction control (ASR)

dr3w000

Reaction score
Hi, Im not sure if this is the right section or not.
I have an earlier model car with only the ASR (no esp ect.) the problem is that it cuts in constantly all the time in 1st and 2nd gear, even when attempting to drive smoothely with hardly any throttle it still cuts in.... without exagerating its like someone is stamping on the breaks! and my car just kangaro's until i change to another gear! now in second its cuts in just as bad and is constant all the way until 3rd gear. It is honestly beyond a joke now! it does it in all weathers no matter how hard or soft i accelerate!!
I have read a few posts and it cant be poor tyres as i have a set of toyo proxies with excellent tread all round and set at the correct psi.
Would cleaning / replacing the abs sensors fix this? does anyone else know how this could be resolved or what the problem might be?
If i could turn it off i would but there is no button for it!
Please help!

Do you have access to vag.com at all? - You can scan the car's ecu to let you know whats wrong.

I've got the free version and am based in epsom if thats any use to you?

I thought about vag com, but i dont have cables / laptop, im over in thurrock so its abit of a distance to travel this weekend, cheers though, i might drop a pm if i can manage to find the time?

Is your car a quattro then? If it smoothes out after 80km/h then it sounds like the EDL kicking in, i think they run off the ABS sensors so might be an idea to look at that as your first port of call. Hope thats of some help!