Ermm what do you reckon to this?

I wish I was still... Im not sure what Ive been harder on over the years, my car or 'Little Grathies' lol

top speed will be more than 145, mine with a map will do 150 on the gps and the speedo is spot on as well. as for 0 to 60, i know its screwed due to having to snatch 3rd to get there but i feel it would be better than 6 secs.

IHI will do 60 in second no problem, rev limit is 7500+ and it makes good power up there too. 0-60 with uprated clutch will be very low 5's.

Decent IHI S3 will top a genuine 160mph quite easily.

Decent IHI S3 will top a genuine 160mph quite easily.

I'm sure they'll do 160...at a push. but it won't be easily...it'll be a long process.
Aerodynamics play more of a part than the small gain in power at that sort of speed...and the S3 is like a brick outhouse with its CDA.

I struggled to get my 275+BHP/330+lb-ft S3 over a genuine 150...10MPH more for similar torque (perhaps less) and another 50-70 BHP...not happening easily I'm afraid.
170 is just a joke...

Personally i don't think a ihi s3 will do a genuine 160.Was reading in Evo mag that the CDA of a car means nothing anyway. We should get together with a v-box and do some timing sessions at brunters or something.

This board is turning into something like the maxpower forums (I imagine, never having been on maxpower forums).

I think its informative, you can get the answers your after...tips/ideas whatever it is with a bit of humour...... no humour = boring = shorter life span

It isn't even close to maxpower that would be about neons,lexus lights and jumbo spoilers!

Personally i don't think a ihi s3 will do a genuine 160.Was reading in Evo mag that the CDA of a car means nothing anyway.

Are you sure?
I thought the article suggested that CD means nothing...which it doesn't - it's a number.
Whereas CDA is the actual area - the sliperyness if you will.
That's how I remember CD vs CDA.

Fitting wider tyres doesn't change the CD...but it does the CDA, for example.

It isn't even close to maxpower that would be about neons,lexus lights and jumbo spoilers!

+ overly large shiney wheels, overly large exhausts with multiple tips, pimp tints, dumped in the weeds on 'coilies', outrageous power claims, outrageous handling claims and outrageous top speed claims.

Hmm...come to think of it...

yes perhaps it's started to get a bit worst over the last few years!

Is this the site where i can ask about 22" chrome spinners and a whale tail for my S3 ???????????
Bling Bling :laugh:

Is this the site where i can ask about 22" chrome spinners and a whale tail for my S3 ???????????
Bling Bling :laugh:

Only if you already have a full exhaust with de-cat and 4 x 5" tailpipes - giving a gazillion extra BHP - pimp tints and a full set of neons.

If you have...then yes! :p

Personally i don't think a ihi s3 will do a genuine 160.Was reading in Evo mag that the CDA of a car means nothing anyway. We should get together with a v-box and do some timing sessions at brunters or something.

MIne has done it, many times on the tom tom gps in Germany. In fact it was pretty easy.

Stock motor, ut with the lower suspension, I got 151mph near Dusseldorf, it got to 142 pretty quickly then it did gain about 1mph every 10 seconds! But it got there.

IHI flies past 155 very quickly and tehn it "gathers speed". BUt it does pull well past 160mph.

You say they are not aerodynamic Ess, but they are not that bad, and lowering them makes a noticeable difference.

At those speeds you are well over 6k revs, the K04s run oout of puff there, IHI is still oging strong for another 50orpm at least. Torque at those revs is far higher on an IHI.