Bought a dog...

Niko

Reaction score
Hi guys & gals.

I never have much luck with cars, and so followed my parents advice of buying a newer car (compared to my old corrado anyway!) And ended up with a T-reg 1.8 non turbo A3.

I should have walked away when I was bullpooped by the salesman, but I needed a car quick, and thought It would be ok.

Ive had it 5-6 months now, and i had a mechanic look over it earlier on in the week, as its making all manner of squeaks, rattles and knocks.

The verdict was:

2 New tires needed - these were apparently replaced the day before i bought it...
1 new starter motor.
1 new rear brake caliper.
1 new front drivers side suspension setup
1 new catalytic convertor.

As I say its a non turbo, but i have no idea what prices I should be paying to pick these bits up. (I should be able to do most of it myself.)

The other thing is are all of the parts listed above all the same for the 1.8T and 1.8 Non-Turbo like I have, as there are plenty of 1.8T's being broken, but I cant find any 1.8 Non-T being broken, and dont want to fork out only to find it doesnt fit.

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

The suspension, rear brake, and starter motor will all be the same, the Cat will be different.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

good luck!

The suspension, rear brake, and starter motor will all be the same, the Cat will be different.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

good luck!

Legend...:icon_thumright:

it not really what i would class as a dog mate...those are all minor things, rear calipers are prone to sticking and can be helped along and kept going if they arent too far gone..... starter motor isnt expenmsive..... and tyres are wear and tear.... as for the CAT, thats prob most expensive bit but not sure of second hand bits?

overall, not a great deal to worry about