GIAC Hammer File + Downpipe / Cat-back / Evoms intake

jonnyc

Reaction score
Hey

Just had my Hammer file flashed onto my s3 by Steve at Statller in Sheffield..

All I can say is its pretty impressive!!

I had the 310 file previously but was never sure how much difference that made, maybe it wasnt a great version that I had
clip_image001.gif

Either way, the car now absolutely flies!

I have the Milltek 3inch downpipe with sports cat and a custom 2.5inch cat back exhaust with a very small silencer + a prototype K04 fitment v.2 Evoms v-flow Intake..

Pulls extremely well from 3k rpm up to 6800 (not much point changing any later than that)

So for anyone wandering if you can use the Hammer file with a modified car then its a yes, well in my case anyways..

Going to get a set of VF Engineering engine mounts on the car and that’s it done (for now) on the engine side of things, so going to concentrate on the exterior now, should be finished in a few weeks!!

Just a quick thanks to Steve for the excellent service today and a big thanks to all at Regal Auto-sport for the continued support!

Jonny

Sounds nice:respekt:

Do you have som pics of your nice car?

Not yet, the imagesin my sig have been done on photoshop to help me decide what I'm wanting to do to my car so once I have the parts on I'll be posting some pictures

Think I'm going to go for another quick drive... Ha

Jonny

will you be doing the full 3pc mount? or just the dogbone?

Ill be doing the full kit.. I did have it on when I had the car previously

Fairly expensive but for the difference it makes I think its worth it..

Jonny

Hey

The VF Engine Mounts are stiffer than the OE mounts and therefore limit the engine and transmissions movment..

This gives the car a much more possotive feel on and off the power and smoothens out the gearchanges nicely..

I had the kit on my Golf Gti and it was very good but its an even bigger difference on the S3, must be as a result of the 4wd system..

Speak to Regal Auto-sport about the kit, they are the Uk importers for VF Engineering, GIAC, EVOMS etc..

Jonny