Been out in a 225 car.....

excursion

Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
WHOOOOO!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am so impressed. It wasn't the power that struck me, but the car is really involving. I must admit I didn't expect anything more than my A4, I know Audi tend to err on the side of comfort rather than razor sharp responses....but it was a pleasure to drive. I really like it.

You people who have had S3's for a while have defiantely made the right choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I guess your saying..............SOLD!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hehe not this exact car, I got one of my Dad's friends to take me out in his cars to comapre - 2000 S4 and a TT 225 (I'm just assuming here that the TT is in essance the same drive as the S3).

Yes I'm sold! Now looking for a Noggy facelift!

I am in Bournemouth at the tail end of next week, looking for a place to live for the 4th year. Are you guys about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
WHOOOOO!!! I am so impressed. It wasn't the power that struck me, but the car is really involving.

...a TT 225 (I'm just assuming here that the TT is in essance the same drive as the S3).

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I pick you up right?
You thought a TT 225 was involving?
Personally, I thought they were dull as dishwater.
OK, they are quick enough as standard, but totally numb and devoid of any meaningful feedback.
Fortunately, to me anyway, the S3 is streets ahead of a TT on 'feel' when driving...I drove the two back to back before deciding which one to pick...and I had the decision made within 10 mins...the S3 is a WAY better drive.

In saying that, it's not exactly a drivers car either...I would say a standard S3 is a nice car to drive around in...rather than a great car to actually drive. If that makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]

Now looking for a Noggy facelift!

[/ QUOTE ]

A great colour choice though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A wise man indeed...

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Did I pick you up right?
You thought a TT 225 was involving?
Personally, I thought they were dull as dishwater.
OK, they are quick enough as standard, but totally numb and devoid of any meaningful feedback.
Fortunately, to me anyway, the S3 is streets ahead of a TT on 'feel' when driving...I drove the two back to back before deciding which one to pick...and I had the decision made within 10 mins...the S3 is a WAY better drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that makes me even happier! The TT was a world more involving than my 'magic carpet' A4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:

Well that makes me even happier! The TT was a world more involving than my 'magic carpet' A4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll not be dissapointed with an S3 then...
Between the TT and S3:
One is for posing outside your favourate wine bar
One is a better drivers car.

You'll find out soon enough which is which!

S3 all the way baby!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif See you later on in the week, Mike
dancing.gif