Retro-fitting options...

mrmacmusic

Reaction score
....for some reason the server dropped me whilst posting so the original message is lost.

Essentially I was looking for advice on retro-fitting....

Washer Fluid Low Warning – old FSI had this. Do I need to add DIS for this, or can it be added on its own?

Lamp Out Warning – again, the old FSI told me when a brake bulb went out. Can this feature be added?

Wiper Delay – any way to change the delay settings (they range from a ridiculous 30s or so to 6s – I'd like them all a bit faster).

Any fitting/upgrading advice considering my Central Scotland location would be appreciated – I don't really want to pay dealer prices for these options!

You'll need DIS for these things, plus the washer bottle low warning is additional to just DIS, but simple enough to do it seems. For DIS you need to replace the steering control module in the steering column & the wiper stalk, then activate the features using vagcom. The washer low warning needs a sensor fitted into the washer bottle, then a wire run from it to a connector behind the instrument cluster, sounds hard but you've got access to this easily enough with the panel underneath the steering column removed. Control module is £85 from vagparts, wiper stalk with DIS control is c£30 I think & the washer sensor is under £10 I believe so its not an expensive retrofit really!