MY S3 IS BLEEDING

peakey

Reaction score
Pulled of the drive today and noticed a spot of oil on the drive (A 3 DAY OLD NEW BLOCKPAVE DRIVE). Had a look today in the light and noticed quite a few spots where it had dripped over the past few days. Iv not got under the car yet to have a good luck around. Just wondered if there is a common fault on s3s that i can look for.

cheers

Mines just had the sump re-sealed after slobbering all over my block paved front :sadlike:

It parks alongside a 4 year old Corsa and 5 year old Clio and the chuffin Audi's the only one that dribbled :sadlike: :sadlike:

You can buy a powder than soaks the oil out of the block pave, it has a funny name!

Another tip is to use a blowtorch to burn it off! It does work but you need a big one!

You can get some stuff called Thomsons driveway cleaner. I had a very similar incident with my new drive when a garage forgot to clean off the bottom of the sump after a service and a few drops of residual oil got onto the blocks. You pour it on neat, scrub it in, leave it for half an hour or so, then rinse it off. Gets rid of the oil a treat and leaves no stains.

Ok thanks all il get the scrubbing brush out tomorrow my local tyresales company (a good friend of mine) give me 20 mins on a ramp today i think i may have more than one leak its all over the bottom of the engine/gearbox. But or some reason only drips a little spot on the drive?? its booked in monday for a belt so il ask midland vw to have a look

cheers all