1 week in.....

odnet

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecustard.com
Hi all,

Quick post.... I'm now 9 days into S3 ownership and so far everythings going good! Have run it in nicely (1100 miles already!), which makes a nice change for me, usually I hit the redline before I've left the dealers forecourt!

Loving the turbo, ride is good, heated seats are reminding me of the old R32 and how much I've missed them over the past 2 years!! Getting lots of 'looks' (its white with privacy glass remember! I look like a drug dealer! lol)...

So, on the whole, very happy with the purchase, even impressed with the average MPG I've been getting! (late 20's (at one point I saw 33!?)... thought it would be more like 23...). I think the only thing thats annoyed me slightly is the drivers window that sometimes has a mind of its own.... you close it, then it opens itself about 3 inches.... weird, but my old A3 did this too.... so I can live with that!

All in all, very happy..... Hope it stays like this!

....Now, back to 'running it in'! :icon_thumright:

Cheers

Ivan

odnet said:
I think the only thing thats annoyed me slightly is the drivers window that sometimes has a mind of its own.... you close it, then it opens itself about 3 inches.... weird, but my old A3 did this too.... so I can live with that!

Glad you're enjoying the car :icon_thumright:
On the window issue, mine doesn't do that. Sounds like the motor is detecting some resistance and dropping the window. It's a safety feature, in case you get your fingers caught in there. Your dealer should be able to fix it.

get the window all the way up...
then hold the up switch for about 5 sec.
should fix it (temporarily)

odnet said:
I'm now 9 days into S3 ownership and so far everythings going good! Have run it in nicely (1100 miles already!)

Lets go for a drive some time!
Just at the end of my 2nd week, and only 600miles. I need to give her the road time she deserves.

but they are gritting the roads these few days:notme:

gratz on the car, glad ur enjoying it... did you have a mkiv R32? I loved the S3... suprising how many heads you will turn... even in a more conservative colour (Dolphin Grey) I did too :icon_thumright:

Nice one. I'm just luvin it luvin it. It a great car. Squeak free, solidly built. Oooozessss class and fast to boot. Yip you've got a great car. Enjoy

cooni said:
get the window all the way up...
then hold the up switch for about 5 sec.
should fix it (temporarily)

If it carries on, spray some silicon spray in the window frame, fixed mine good and proper

odnet said:
I think the only thing thats annoyed me slightly is the drivers window that sometimes has a mind of its own.... you close it, then it opens itself about 3 inches.... weird, but my old A3 did this too.... so I can live with that!

Putting the window up and holding it up for 5 seconds will de-activate the 'one touch' system. To reset it, you hold the button down until the window is fully down, let go and hold down again for 5 seconds. Repeat this on the way up too. So hold until the window is fully closed, let go and then hold up for 5 seconds. This'll reset the system and your one touch is back.

Good to hear your enjoying the car! Thats a hell of a lot of mileage in 9 days!!! :icon_thumright: