xenon or bi-xenons?

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Does anybody know the difference......I have googled it briefly and managed to get on a Vauxhall forum where the guys were spouting about how powerful their 8000watt xenons were haha..... so i thought id ask a set of pro's like your kind selves. :respekt:

Im looking at buying a HID kit for the misus BMW Mini, either the 4300k or 6000k bulbs......on ebay they seem to be going for between £40-£90 for the full kit..... and they all look the same ballasts.:scared2:

Has anyone had any experiances with these, i presume i need to make sure that the bulb fitment is the same, other than this i cant see that theres anything else i need to check....looking for confirmation of the same :readit:

Tim

Xenon = Xenon light for dipped beam only, i.e main beam still retains a halogen bulb.

Bi Xenon = both dipped and main beam are Xenon.

Cheers Issac, my S3 is at the shop today but gather the S3 standards are normal Xenons......

any ideas on the mini question

I cant see any probs fitting a set to a Mini, I would go for whatever is cheapest. Im sure your aware of the legality (or lack of!) with such a retro-fit?

Its been done to death on the forum a few times now, search for lots of info on this regarding auto-levelling and washers along with the fitment into non-projector lenses. Many people seem to have then fitted thenm and seem quite happy with them.

They are almost all made by the same people so i'd buy the cheapest set you can find mate

people who tell u HID's4u etc are wasting their money

cheers guys..... have had a look on previous posts and TBH everyone seems split about the legality, i suppose that would depend on the reflecters....will have a look out for a mini forum i think....see what the word is there