Removing Dealer Sticker

thecuse

Reaction score
Hello All,

Anyone know the best method to remove the dealer sticker from the back window and cleaning any glue residue?

It's wrecking my head so I'm gonna give it a shot at removing it tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

The Cuse

:think:

If your car is a saloon then the above should work but if it's an Avant then you will have to be careful of the rear screen element.

Another way to remove the sticker regardless of model is to use a hair dryer to heat the sticker and then gently peel it off. Try not to pull the stick away from the window but rather fold it back on itself. Basically the bit you have removed should be touching the bit still stuck on the window.

Does that make sense?

Doing it that way reduces the glue residue left behind. Such residue can be easily removed with white spirit (use sparingly).

Give it a blast with a hairdryer first, it will soften the glue and it will just peel off. Wipe the residue off with sticky stuff remover.. or similar

Thats correct, use a hairdryer to supple the sticker up a bit, if you are left with any residue left on the window, dont waste your money on tar & glue remover, just use white spirit, and another little tip, white spirit removes tar spots from your bodywork and alloys very very easily. Used to be a car valeter see....:icon_thumright:

Slinger said:
Baby wipes, they get rid of anything.

I'd have to agree with you on that.....

A little off topic, but it's mad how something thats made for the softest baby skin can remove alot of stubborn/awkward stains/marks etc.....

:respekt: to the baby wipe....

They do get rid of alot, shame they dont work on the wife!!!!:sign_unfair:

i agree totaly,use a hairdryer to remove the sticker and try and let it peel itself rather than tugging away at it.
as for the stickey stuff,try a dab of petrol on a rag, it will shift it straight off.

Hairdryer and white spirits!

Thanks a million for all your help!!!!!!!

:rockwoot:

Smash window when it gets dark. Report to police and insurance as vandalism.
Get replacement rear window fitted.