2002 A6 Headunit Choice??????????

Rizy102

Reaction score
hi,
just bought an 02 plate a6, with chorus headunit. doesnt have cd changer, nor does it have the lead and bracket in the boot. thinking of getting cd changer, lead and bracket or just an aftermarket sony mp3 player.
what would you recommend?
also, would any cd changer fit, or would i have to get a chorus??? one?
or could i get an oem audi cd player which goes in the front replacing my existing casette/radio chorus?
thanks

IMGP0611.jpg

This is the Alpine IDA-X001 I have fitted in my motor. No CD player but full iPod control and radio.

i currently have an alpine in mine too but i just want another concert without the volume problem to replace it !

hi, thanks for the replies.
might go for an alpine mp3 player but still not sure. will a concert 2 fit in? the one with cd player built in? i.e.:
concert2.jpg

anyone have any idea???
thanks

lol i had that very same thing fitted in my car today ! it works fine ! and plays the changer fine ! but the steering wheel buttons wont work and the dash clock doofer next to the spedo wont display track info etc !
other than that its fine !

bigdavie said:
lol i had that very same thing fitted in my car today ! it works fine ! and plays the changer fine ! but the steering wheel buttons wont work and the dash clock doofer next to the spedo wont display track info etc !
other than that its fine !

Gotta say I just love the word 'doofer' and rarely hear it! Respect!
I like the look of that fancy Alpine HU, very nice!

hi again,
still not too sure what to get. i dont really like the idea of the concert 2 unless i get a cd changer with it. does anyone know which model cd changer will go with my chorus unit??? someone said something about grundig????
thanks

well i have a blaupunkt h/u so i presume its a blaupunkt changer i have too and the chorus plugged in and worked fine and that was a bose .

any cd changer will work but you may need a interface box between the harness and the cd changer.

I have this as i have a alpine cd changer with a vag interface box and that works fine. i have the standard head unit in mine and i ma happy with it so refuse to change it.

M

hi again,
decided to get the cd changer. it came with a bracket all ready so not too bad. however, i now have another problem. ive checked at the back of the headunit and it does have connections (20 pin connecter, however doesnt fully have 20 wires coming from it) for the cd changer, but cant find anything in the boot. ive taken back seats off aswell but still no joy.
anyone have any ideas?
thanks